Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can someone please tell me is it necessary on a 08 FI brute to move the fuel vent line up, and if i dont what may happen thanks bryan

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
might as well. its easy enough.
To me it's debateable whether the need is there. I guess if you dont do it you possibly can get water and drt in your tank. Then you get clogged fuel sock and in turn possible engine problems from dirty fuel and possible failed fuel pump.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
might as well. its easy enough.
To me it's debateable whether the need is there. I guess if you dont do it you possibly can get water and drt in your tank. Then you get clogged fuel sock and in turn possible engine problems from dirty fuel and possible failed fuel pump.
:agreed:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dosent it have a one way check valve or not i am just asking, i may need to go back and do the ones i have already done. thanks again Bryan

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
I replied to ur myspace msg.............................................

well what can happen is dirt,sand, etc.. can work its way in thru the vent, even though there's a check valve on it, its not full proof. Trash gets in your tank, it can clog up the fuel pump, injectors, etc.. etc... Leave th check valve there, just take the little short hose off and put a long enough one one to run up under your pod. Cheap easy and quick assures you that you shouldnt ever have to worry about it sucking anything in....

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok man thanks alot, is that the only line i need to worry about on a 08 BRUTE

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
radiator over flow bottle vent, again, precationairy... Vent can suck trash into bottle, radiator sucks from overflow bottle...

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok thanks again

·
Registered
278 Posts
I thought that is was discussed on this Forum before that the 08+ had the gas vent ran through the frame and into to pod? I swear that was on here once...

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I thought that is was discussed on this Forum before that the 08+ had the gas vent ran through the frame and into to pod? I swear that was on here once...

that's why i say it is debatable. if you look at the house routing diagrams in the manual you will see the vent runs into the frame at the rear the follow frame tube up front another tube connects to that and then to one of the 3 metal tubes under the pod. I will take some screen of the manual and update this thread.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
here's the front part of the frame - i highlighted the right side frame (this is frame tube gas tank vent plugs into in the rear)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
phreebsd did you run your gas tank vent up to the pod are not

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
gas vent is it a 1/2 or wat size hose

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i have NOT ran mine. it's deep a plenty in mud and bog.
i will probably do it eventually... probably... who knows.
imma lazy arse

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
just 1 less... lol. the carbs

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
i am going to start to round up the parts to snork my 07 750 is there anything special i need to know besides what is on the mimb.com snork section.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i think it is a 1/2''. i cant find the link that shows it. ill keep looking

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
The gas tank line is 1/4 inch off the check valve

That line was talk about at one time. The 07-below are the same way with it going in the frame and back out up front. I know the thingy that goes in the frame can come out fairly easy in the front if somethings kinda pushing on it. When I put the catch can on I notcied it off case the cranck case vent was resting on it, going to the pod. Which it didnt matter because I had the gas take vent ran to the pod already but thought I would throw that at ya'll!!!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts