Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
still smoke from puking oil up into the breather box after 4 oil changes and 4 oil fiters help

re i went through water up to the footrests going fast and now i got milky oil in the engine and water and oil in air cleaner help thanks

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
ewwww not good at all hope it isnt too late but it prolly is. start flushing the oil change it over and over till the oil is clean and use different oil filters also and pull the plugs to get all the water off the top of the motor before hand

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
my bro in law 09 we had to change 9-11 times before his was nice and clean, but we did his perfect and runs like a champ and would never know it was sunk

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the oil is clean and no water or milk

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
well if it still smoking after all that, sounds like a rebuild is the next step :no:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
dude it's not too late.
As long as your oil is clean run it a bit. They sometimes smoke for a bit after the incident. it should clear up. Seen it several times.
Sometimes it takes a few rides but it should stop. im assuming it's light smoke.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
phreebsd is right but usually that is the seafoam and what not burning off, but i could be wrong just none of ours ever smoked really cept for my buddies which didnt get sunk and we will let yall know asap what his problem was its going to the dealer in the morning

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks guys

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
how did u get water in there?
Your crackcase vent come loose?

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
he isnt snorkeled. You need to snorkel. Also, crank case vent will puke oil into the air box.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i did not Snorkel it and was going fast hit bout foot or 2 of water

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
will get you every time.

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
its snorkeled now but its to late lo

·
Administrator
15,438 Posts
just make sure you keep an eye on that oil. change the filter make sure everything is good and clean. and re-route that crank vent too if you havent already. That will keep it from pukin oil into your airbox.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I noticed this as your title. "09 bf750 still smoke from puking oil up into the breather box" I got with you a few days ago. If you are finding oil in your air box, that will cause it to smoke as well. Try rerouting the engine block breather and clean the air box. See if that works.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
How long have you run it since flushng it?

·
Premium Member
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
not long 15 20 minutes installing a catch can to day

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
Yep, should not still be smokin' after that long.

Have you drove it since? If oil got in the injection system and then exhaust, it might take some time to burn it out and sometimes you have to drive to to get the air/exhaust flow to clean it out.

Good luck!!

·
Team BS
757 Posts
wait what color is the smoke or did i miss that? if its whites, its just water in the exhaust.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I'm suprised that your having this much trouble in that little amount of water. I've hit deep skidder track ruts full of water at full speed, burried her up to the headlights in swamps & rivers, slow rolled it in a water hole and stopped it dead at full speed crossing a river and never had water in the oil.

Check your duct work, air breather, etc.....there is something loose or not routed properly.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts