Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just did a custom rad relocate & snorkels on a '12 700 Grizzly w/ EPS. Dual 2" snorks to the air box as well as 2" inlet & exhaust for the belt. - Everything was done "in-house".

The snorkel risers are typical 2" pvc, sanded & prepped after assembly then coated with rattle-can bed-liner spray. For the plumbing side I use a flex hose from a manufacturer called Flexible-Technologies that I get through my work. It is a commercial vacuum type hose, has held up for over 5 years and still going on other bikes(all of our crew uses this stuff), and is flexible enough to be folded double back on itself & not collapse making it very handy to work with compared to anything else.

I did the air box an all connections using 2" exhaust pipe/cut sections of mandrel bends. Being metal leaves you a lot of strength to clamp onto, as well as being only a 16 gauge wall thickness to not impede flow.

Air box lid:

Routing to the front - the black covering is an industrial fabric for abrasion resistance, I use it anywhere they sit snugly on a sharp edge.

Belt routing. I cut the rubber inlet elbow down to just the first turn. 1" length of 3" exhaust tubing, welded to a flat plate with a 1" long piece of 2" for the hose to hook-up to:

going up front(one section was off an old bike):

They all come up through where the radiator originally sat:

Finished pics with the custom rad relocate. Relocate shroud/bracket was built from 14gauge steel & small opening expanded metal:

Vent lines looped up top:

hoses hooked-up to risers:

Shows that the entire electrical compartment is fully accessible w/o removing anything other than the stock cover, also shows the free-hand plasma work on the logo I came up with -

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

As Bump pointed out on another forum, you can also still access the air filter w/o removing anything extra.

·
Registered
762 Posts
you should patent that air box lid!!
really good job!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Dang that looks awesome. x2 on the patent for that airbox lid, i think you could make some money on that. This makes me wanna run dual snorks.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Nice and neat. Very good job!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
What area of SW Florida are you in. I live in Lehigh and have a 700 that I have been wanting to do these mods to. I love to get a closer look at your work.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the kind words from all.

What area of SW Florida are you in. I live in Lehigh and have a 700 that I have been wanting to do these mods to. I love to get a closer look at your work.
I'm actually in Lehigh as well, out towards Alva. - This isn't one of my machines, it's family of a friend; I actually haven't seen or heard anything of it since I did it. I'm sure it's working well or I would have heard otherwise for sure(lol).

The owner lives in Lehigh as well, should be rolling on 28" mudzillas that she had for it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Looks good wish I went flex hose I hard piped mine if I can figure out how to post pics I would lol. Didn't need relocate till I sold my lift I'll be doing that soon . Good job looks clean

1 - 16 of 16 Posts