Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi i just got a 16 brute 750.has stock motor with 29.5 outlaw 1s on aftermarket 12" wheels, snorkel kit and radiator relocated. Just ordered a new oem and dayco xtx belt cause the gforce was chewed up. Haven't had a chance to experience the power yet of the brute but i wanted to change my clutch springs.. I do very little mudding and only trail ride on my property. I do have a plow on it and i sand plow(for grading my driveway)and i live in ga. What springs should i get? Not worried about top speed but dont want it to over heat when grading in the summer.
Any recommendations?

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
Red secondary spring from EPI is the cheapest route.

Reactions: Slydog

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hows the maroon primary and the almond secondary for 29.5 outlaws? Im not worried about losing top end. I just dont want belt slip when pushing sand at low speed

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
Almond secondary won't be enough in my opinion... it's great for 26, 27, and lighter 28" tires...

Those 29" Laws (especially the OG law) are heavy. Red is the best bet, if not red, Then Lime Green is the least I would do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Almond secondary won't be enough in my opinion... it's great for 26, 27, and lighter 28" tires...

Those 29" Laws (especially the OG law) are heavy. Red is the best bet, if not red, Then Lime Green is the least I would do.
Red secondary? What primary would you recommend

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
The Maroon you suggested should be fine. Most people leave the primary alone, unless they are getting into racing of some sort.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Maroon you suggested should be fine. Most people leave the primary alone, unless they are getting into racing of some sort.
Great thanks.. Will get the red secondary and maroon primary. Will try just the secondary and see how it goes

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
The primary controls your amount of stall... a stiffer spring will require higher RPMs to engage the clutch, which sucks when you're on the trail and trying to just ease around.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
U hou
Hi i just got a 16 brute 750.has stock motor with 29.5 outlaw 1s on aftermarket 12" wheels, snorkel kit and radiator relocated. Just ordered a new oem and dayco xtx belt cause the gforce was chewed up. Haven't had a chance to experience the power yet of the brute but i wanted to change my clutch springs.. I do very little mudding and only trail ride on my property. I do have a plow on it and i sand plow(for grading my driveway)and i live in ga. What springs should i get? Not worried about top speed but dont want it to over heat when grading in the summer.
Any recommendations?
You should contact vforcejohn and discuss what you are running tire wise and what riding style you do - he makes and sells clutch springs that work great. His contact info is on the vendor page in this site as Interstate Motorsports - call him to discuss, he does not visit these sites anymore, but he is a clutch guru for Kawies

Reactions: Polaris425
1 - 10 of 10 Posts