Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1996 Polaris 350L trailboss. I bought recently as my first utility quad and it ran decent and I could ride it the first 2 days. Well I let my brother ride it and it broke down and wouldn’t start. I pulled the plug it has spark (blue) and compression from what I could feel. I took apart carbs cleaned them and it still won’t start. I held my hand over the carb (where air box connects) and it didn’t even try to suck my hand in. When I spray gas inside carb it will start and just rev and die. Not sure what it is please help!

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
sounds like it's not getting fuel to the carb.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How would I go about fixing that? There fuel in the carb bowl?? But it’s damn near dry in the upper part.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Look at the case seam bellow the carb. They were notorious for cracking the piston skirt and a piece wedging under the crank and cracking the case under the carb. Worst were the pistons with 2 slots on the intake skirt.

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
^ What he said... plus checking the diaphragm (they get crusty) and your jets could also be clogged up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just realized the last year for the 350 was 93. After that it was a 400. Same issue but not as common on the 400. Polaris used round slide Mikuni VM carbs on all the 2 strokes. First with the diaphragm carb was the 425 4 stroke .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts