Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
^i actually dont believe the hose jp uses is cheap at all, last i heard it is a very high quality marine hose, similar to whats under my plastics on my renegade.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Seen many many snorkles done using that marine hose and never seen/heard of any problems caused due to the flex hose...

Great job & write up JP

·
Registered
6 Posts
^i actually dont believe the hose jp uses is cheap at all, last i heard it is a very high quality marine hose, similar to whats under my plastics on my renegade.
Maybe I am mistaken, on the type of hose being used here. The pipe that I have seen around here that is ribbed like that, is a glorified vacuum hose. And IMO as soon as it makes a curve drastically cuts down airflow.

I personally prefer hose that has a smooth inside, better airflow.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Yeah, bug when you run that cheap hose I bet it's collapsed down to 1-1/2 in places
???? - if that was directed towards me/this thread you need to actually look at the info posted on that hose before you respond. - It has a helical wire & will handle full vaccum w/o any ID change, as this is exactly what it's designed for.

I've sold hose/fittings for a living for 10+ years, this is what I do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
???? - if that was directed towards me/this thread you need to actually look at the info posted on that hose before you respond. - It has a helical wire & will handle full vaccum w/o any ID change, as this is exactly what it's designed for.

I've sold hose/fittings for a living for 10+ years, this is what I do.
Good to know.

Did you not read my last post were I stated I may have mistaken the type of hose used?

I on the other hand have not sold fittings for the last 10 years so I am certain you know more then me on the subject.

I have seen similar hose used and I didn't like the quality. So I don't use it.

If I offended you then don't post things on a public forum where you may encounter criticism.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #26 (Edited)
No offense taken, and no I didn't realize the thread had split to a second page. Sorry if I came off defensive, I've gotten a lot of comments before because people automatically assume it's just "spa hose" or "vacuum cleaner hose" and post w/o reading the info provided.

It is somewhat what you could call a "glorified vacuum hose", as it is simply an industrial flex ducting hose. - I have at least 20 bikes running this hose, a couple of which have been done for almost 10 years now w/o any problems, very few other snorkel jobs can claim that on machines that get used most every weekend. Plus, it's super easy to work around since you can simply unhook one end & flex it back out of the way.

I have never & will never run an all hard-pipe snorkel. Too much of a pita to do, even more of a pita to work around, and far more prone to fatigue/crack/failure over time due to not allowing for flex. Also more likely to mess up plastics over time, again due to lack of flex.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey JP,

Thanks for the additional info. I agree it would be nice when servicing your machine. I use flex PVC for the same reason. It has a little give to it if you jar something. I guess time will tell how it holds up to the elements.

Happy snorkelling

·
Registered
7 Posts
Speaking of Hard Kits... while bombing around 82 at our local hole..i saw a small graveyard of someones hard kit in the bushes and some pieces near the water lol kinda got a chuckle out of it...

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Speaking of Hard Kits... while bombing around 82 at our local hole..i saw a small graveyard of someones hard kit in the bushes and some pieces near the water lol kinda got a chuckle out of it...

lol - we ran into a guy out there one time that was bragging about having run the motor intake, belt intake, and belt exhaust all in one riser.........he was really proud of having T'd everything together under the plastics......:eek5:

·
Registered
7 Posts
lol - we ran into a guy out there one time that was bragging about having run the motor intake, belt intake, and belt exhaust all in one riser.........he was really proud of having T'd everything together under the plastics......:eek5:

isnt that like plugging your power Strip into itself ?? Infinite power!!!!

his bike was sucking and blowing all at the same time .. Infinite Power!!
:agreed:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Yessir, that's the "electric generator" of snorkel systems.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks good. The RDC rad relocate mount looks well made as well

·
Registered
1 Posts
JP, whats the exact part number? and can it be purchased through you?

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Part numbers on the stuff I use:
2" is 0354-0200-0001
1-1/2" is 0354-0150-0001

If you have any sort of indutrial/hydraulic hose place around you they may be able to get it or might have a similar product offering already.

I can sell/ship it but try not to step on any toes on the forums. - Doesn't make me any $ anyway, I'm just an employee(store mngr). PM me if needed.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Thanks for posting the pics Erik. Those risers are probably the cleanest I have ever done, making me think about re-doing my own....lol.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Awesome job on the snorkels and rad relocation ... I think im going to do mine the way u have done it here if ya dont mind me using your idea man

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
have out man! I wouldn't post it if I didn't want to help others.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks man

21 - 40 of 45 Posts