Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great site. Been lurking around checking it out, finally figured I'd join. I just need a little input on lifting my Brute. I've got 27" Swamp Lites and need more ground clearance. Rode with a friend yesterday that has a Grizzly with 29.5 Swamp Lites and a 2" lift. I had to winch myself out twice because I kept getting high centered. Will the 2" put too much of a strain on everything, or will I be ok? I don't ride in a lot of mud but when I do I want to be able to make it through.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
I was misinformed when I got my lift. The way everyone talked I thought I was going to break something every time I went out. With a lift on the 08-09 you will probably just be getting to what the prior year models were in height. This is because our springs are shorter than prior years. You will be fine and with 27" Swamplites there shouldn't be a problem.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
Not really. It is going to put a little more strain on things but as long as you dont ride like a bat out of **** all the time it shouldnt create major problems. The bigger/heavier tires is usually what starts breaking parts.

Also, if you have a little extra $ Might I suggest the Extreme lift, its seems to be a MUCH better quality product than some of the others, like the HL 2" lift. The materials are thicker and its very well designed. They guys who make it, have been making/designing truck suspension lifts for years. So you know it's done right.

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
go with the moose 2" - very nice set up they have - easy to install - and doesnt bottom out the a-arms like the other 2" lifts. I have one and really like it. I've had the HL 2" in the past and this moose seems like a better set up and doesnt affect the ride as bad. My wife said she thought it rode better too.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
HL lifts seem to stiffen every thing up more But they are cheap (yeah i know) thats whats on mine and i have not had any problems Struts and a swingarm lifts are different than a-arm lifts There are way better options for a brute than HL

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I was looking at the Extreme lift. My friend with the '09 Grizz has an Extreme on his, and it does seem to be made pretty good.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Found the Xtreme kit for about $110, just ordered it.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
im seriously considering taking off my HL lift and getting an xtreme lift.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Thought about that myself...Mine is a little stiff.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thought so too. I checked a lot of places and the site I found wasn't a sponsor so I wasn't sure if I could post it or not. At any rate, I'll get it put on and see how she does. I most definitely don't want my Brute being shown up some ol' Grizzly.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
thats a new price? not used? hmm... PM me the name of the place please...

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have the extreme lift and love it. Had it on my last Grizzly 700 as well

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
if i'm not mistaken - the xtreme is very similiar to the moose - may even be an xtreme but moose slapped their name on it like they do with a dynatek - the moose cdi is actually a dynatek just with a moose label on it.
post some pics when you get it on.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sounds like a plan.

·
Bayou Boys Offroad
112 Posts
Xtreme lift is a great lift. Although I wouldn't advise jumping table tops on the motocross track with it. I got a bent front cross bar from that smart move. It sure was fun though. BTW brutes were not built to fly but they will.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
I've launched mine a few times :D :rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Try jumping a LT185. Only shocks you have are the give in the tires.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts