Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum really need some help I can’t figure this dang thing out.
From the beginning.
Bike sat in a shed for a really long time my father in law wants me to get it running so I took it apart checked everything valves cam lobes timing flywheel key etc.
The carb had been opened before and someone messed up the pilot jet so I got a brand used oem carb put it on and it fired up got hot and shut off realized the fan wasn’t coming on so I jumped it and it worked so I replaced the sensor and checked the water pump and it’s all good now got it started back up and it was running fine rode it a couple times and it felt like it wasn’t getting full power at full throttle and then it shut off on me and I don’t know why and I realized the fuel flow wasn’t very strong but if I manually actuate the fuel pump it’s a strong flow of fuel. I feel like it’s starving for fuel at full throttle but can’t figure out why, could it be losing vacuum somewhere? This thing has drove me up a wall and I’m ready to bounce my head off a wall but I can’t let this thing defeat me I’ve come to far it’s personal now lol.
any help will be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
15,550 Posts
Yeah if there's no fuel pump then it's gotta be a leak somewhere... Those rubber hoses will rot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I checked the hoses they aren’t leaking and don’t look to be rotting. I don’t understand it was starting so easy and now I can’t get nothing out of it other then a backfire every now and then

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had it started again but as soon as it shut off it wouldn’t start again. I loosened the drain on the carb bowl and gas flowed out so it’s getting gas but it starts intermittently so I can’t figure out what’s wrong.

·
Administrator
15,550 Posts
spark plugs and wires?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Check the carb vents. Remove the gas cap to check the tank vent. Just wondering how you checked the fuel pump manually? Make sure the intake doesn't have a crack around the inlet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts