Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a build just about put back together...Now having trouble with the carb..Won't idle unless the idle screw is turned all the way in...and even then it wants to stall....also won't rev just dies. I just rebuild this carb.....Any ideas?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Rebuilt entire front end....custom snorkel job....relocated radiator...now I am having w.o.t. problems....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Well ,,I dont want to steer ya wrong because I dont have my bike running right yet...but it looks real good....let me see if I can post some pics of it...I will have to figure this out....

·
Registered
399 Posts

---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:27 PM ----------

·
Registered
399 Posts
Lowe's or home depot.....its a 3"~2" rubber reducer...and only lowes sells the black pvc...the only piece I could not find in black was the street 90° that I have coming out of the top of that reducer....

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 11:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:59 AM ----------

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
are you trying to run it with the air box off

·
Registered
399 Posts
No, I run with airbox on....I think I just about have it figured out after changing jetting a couple times this weekend....I came out of my airbox with an inch and a half ninety, then a short piece of inch and a half pipe...then stepped up to two inch.....it needs more air....I think I posted a pic of how I ran out of the airbox...I am about to step down on my jetting to compensate k132 front k135 rear....she runs good with k138f and k142r....and runs real good without airbox lid with a k148f and k152r.....thanx for askin bro...have you ever owned a prarie 700?

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Lol...now that I am thinking about it....I would never do that to my motor...thats why you will never see my intakes open....I always stuff blue rags in them while I am working...actually I am pretty o.c.d about my bike....I change fluids after every ride...this bike still has original motor...has never been cracked open....no smoke....and still runs like a scalded dogg!! :)

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

*motor*

·
Registered
399 Posts

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I didnt make the snorkel smaller, but I did make it longer with a bunch of twists and turns....back to the drawing board...gonna do dual airbox snorkel this time...more air~more fuel=more power...

---------- Post added at 02:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Ok micah....im ready to help you with your carb problem....tell me about your bike...snorkel, pipe, jet sizes, motor mods...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have been inside these so many times this weekend...could do it in my sleep....got it down to like 40 minutes to change jets, between test rides....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ok..im gonna do my snorkel again...doing two 2" out of airbox...pics coming soon...

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ordered three 2.25 rubber 90s, online, sunday night...hopefully they will be in my mailbox by friday....(fingers crossed)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks Johnny. No Motor mods yet, No snorkel YET, Trying to get it running right first. just rebuild this carb...Ordered a kit of ebay. So it will start (with some encouragment) but doesn't want to rev up all the way sometimes it does when it is in nuetral but while it is driving it won't. Found a good used carb I bought today and should be here soon hopefully. i'm starting to wonder if it is electrical....I may do the snorkel like yours Lol looks good.

---------- Post added at 10:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 AM ----------

Also backfires like crazy when it shuts off...like 1/2 second after it dies

1 - 20 of 553 Posts