Mud in My Blood Forum banner

501 - 520 of 553 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
But while you are turning motor over, they both suck the same...perfectly normal...
Let me explain....
If the motor stops with a valve open on the cylinder that you have your hand over...all the suction is going to escape out of the valves....whether it is intake or exhaust...doesn't matter, still not a sealed cylinder....
Does that make sense?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #502
Omgosh.....I should have known that...lol thanks for pointing that out....
Ok so whats new...It not starts and idles werll...And I don't have to floor it either...fires right up everytime....I was a idiot and didn't tighen the carb clamps....which was my air leajk I guess....v

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah...I knew you had an airleak somewhere...good job buddy....now......how is it running between just off idle to half throttle?
And how is it running between 3/4 throttle and wide open....two answers.....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Hello??
Ok Micah...I got to thinking....
Think about this....your airbox is mounted to your frame and so is your motor....check your motor mounts....make sure your motor is not drooping....because if your motor mount holes are wallered out, and the motor is falling down towards the ground, and your airbox and carbs are mounted on the topside of the frame, it would pull the carbs right out of those rubber boots...just food for thought...
And you can look under your airbOx from the right side of the bike wirh your flashlight and see if the carbs are sealed up tight against the bottom of the airbOx....if it's not you will be able to see those brass tubes of the carbs shining out under there...

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #505
Sorry....I have been having trouble signing in....Anyway it idled and starts up great....In between idle and 1/4 throttle it runs great....Anywhere after that it for to hell....Fall. Flat on its face....Unless I take the airbox lid off....Then it is way better.....So i guess I failed on the snorkel job...OK...I will look at the airbox....

·
Registered
399 Posts
Ok buddy....I want you to try one thing for me....
I want you to go for a little ride and get going mid throttle where your bike is running good, then get your hands ready....right one on the throttle and your left thumb on the choke lever....
Then as you pin the throttle wide open, I want you to slide the choke lever on at the same time...
Then give me some feedback...
Because right now, we don't know if your bike is falling on its face because of lack of air, or lack of fuel....
Do this with Airbox lid on, and everything buttoned up....
When you open that choke circuit you are letting more fuel get thru the carbs...

I want to do all tests from this point on with lid on and everything in place...the key to this is to only change one thing at a time until we start changing to the better...
No you didn't do a bad job on the snorkel...this is just part of it....you are doing great....
Starts fine? Don't have to touch the throttle? Idles fine? Any popping? And midrange is good? You can ride for as far as you want at a steady 1/4 to 1/2 throttle and the motor runs smooth, with no popping or misses?
Just when you pin the throttle, it falls on its face?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #517
OK johnny I have a problem. NY Spanish grade dropped and mom and dad are crazy mad....so they are making me sell the 4 wheeler...."you spend too much time with that when you should be studying ". I can keep the money.....but I feel like I have wasted your time.....all that kibd ness you showed me.....wasted....I learned a ton though.....I thank you so much
....I'll write some more later....

·
Registered
399 Posts
I sure hate to hear that brother...don't think of it as wasted time...think of it as a great learning experience...I do understand your parents side of things though...your study's have to come first...

Get your grades up buddy...you can do it...you learned so much in just a couple months on that quad...
You have a good brain Micah...
You have the world at your fingertips....
If you don't understand something, research it bro...
I didn't have that when I was growing up....
I had a set of encyclopedias...

Please stay in touch man,,,,
There are plenty of 4 wheelers out there....
It's not the end of the world...lol
I'm having problems with mine right now too...darn 4x4 actuators...
I will write more later...
gotta go to work...
How much you askin for your quad?

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh, and since this is your thread....
I have to ask....
Do you mind if I keep it alive?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #520
Of course! Keep the thread alive! It might help someone else down the road....

Yeah there are other ones.....But this one I know really well....I guess....

Idk yet...What would you say it's worth?

501 - 520 of 553 Posts