Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am working on this 2006 Kawasaki Brute Force carbureted machine. This thing will idle perfect but as soon as you open the throttle at all it just backfires through the carburetor. It acts as if it is running lean but if I apply the choke it will start to flood out. I have cleaned both carburetors, checked both boots for sealing checked the valve adjustment. I have pulled the gas line off when it is running and there is plenty of fuel.
Now I'm leaning to an ignition problem but to say the least I'm stumped. Any ideas? I'm going out to check the coils to see if they are in spec. Any help would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir, I will read on. I thought of changing the float level but then talked myself out of it as I don't think this machine has ever been apart so why would that change. Still seems odd to me but never say never. Maybe Wednesday evening I can try that. Thanks for the reply.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Thank you Sir, I will read on. I thought of changing the float level but then talked myself out of it as I don't think this machine has ever been apart so why would that change. Still seems odd to me but never say never. Maybe Wednesday evening I can try that. Thanks for the reply.
I just rebuilt mine but haven’t put my brute back together yet. The manual has a part on checking the float level on a bench and mine was close enough I didn’t change it. When I get mine together I’ll verify float level with clear tubing connected to the bowl drain. Honestly the last thing I want to do is pull it apart again but the clear tubing will verify float level.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No issues with the floats. Tried checking the timing with a timing light but with the amount of oil that sprays out Of the timing hole I can’t see the marks. It truly seems like once over idle it’s starts firing odd. Wish I had another Brute Force like it that I could swap igniters just to see if that’s it. They’re to pricey to just order and try.

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
You can check the timing somewhat by the checking the valve lash procedure just to see if everything lines up close. Other than that you would have to pull engine side covers off to check for sure.
You could have a in efficient fuel pump or clogged up jets, and theres so much more to check.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts