Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i read a bunch about the spring set up, and im needed to now it the highest recommended setup of almond primary and red secondary is the best for all atvs or is that just recommended for the brute force. And can i just change the primary only and work well.. Any advise would be helpful thankss...

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Hey guys i read a bunch about the spring set up, and im needed to now it the highest recommended setup of almond primary and red secondary is the best for all atvs or is that just recommended for the brute force. And can i just change the primary only and work well.. Any advise would be helpful thankss...
Brute Force. All brand of atv's have different CVT's. Your Suzuki Eiger is totally different set up. It has a wet clutch and does not have a primary spring. Only roller weights. They only make one spring for your Eiger. Its made by EPI. The color is listed as Natural. If you want let me know what kinda tires, set up and Riding you do and I can help you more.

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
The primary/secondary springs you are talking about are only for Brute Force... the Suzuki clutch is a completely different setup...

I think it is similar to Yamaha, you can change the Secondary spring, and change the weights in the primary... but there are no springs in the primary... you have to open up the case and change the "wet springs" inside the wet clutches behind the primary clutch...

There are also other mods like shim mod, and machining the sheaves to gain more low end or high end... I'm not TOO sure about them though... maybe someone else that knows Suzuki can help out...

Good luck..

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow thanks for the info well i have 26/12-12 tires by black hawk im replacing them this weekend with some kendra executioner ones unless anyone has any recomendations, im gonna be playing in mud 70% of the time and a bit of trail riding the rest. i am making my snorkel system this weekend as well. what can i do to make this atv have a better low end torque i have heard about the shim mod does anyone know how to do this. i what is to glab better during take off..

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
wow thanks for the info well i have 26/12-12 tires by black hawk im replacing them this weekend with some kendra executioner ones unless anyone has any recomendations, im gonna be playing in mud 70% of the time and a bit of trail riding the rest. i am making my snorkel system this weekend as well. what can i do to make this atv have a better low end torque i have heard about the shim mod does anyone know how to do this. i what is to glab better during take off..
Get the secondary spring from EPI....Get some 18 gram roller weights for the primary from EPI. If you want I can get you Tony Jame's Contact info and he can machine your primary. That will give you the most low end. It you wants Tony's info let me know. That is who does all my clutch work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well it looks like im going to have to wait until tomorrow and call epi cause i do not c any roller weights for an eiger 400cc or a secondary spring for it either, all i saw was the wet clutch springs ... on the bright side i rejetted my carb sucesfully with a 132 jet and it seems to act so much better lol>>

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Here is a link to the secondary spring.

http://www.erlandsonperformance.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=EPI&Product_Code=SZ10

They don't have the Roller weights listed for the 400 for some reason. I'm 95% sure there the same as the 450 & 750. I will find out tomorrow for you.

Ok...just dug my 2010 EPI book out...they are the same exact roller weights. Here is a link to the Roller wieghts.

http://erlandsonperformance.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=EPI&Category_Code=suzweight

Here is the link to the 18 gram rollers.

http://www.erlandsonperformance.com...een=PROD&Store_Code=EPI&Product_Code=WEAC5018

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow bootlegger thanks for the help i alredy ordered them and i have a belt from the dealer alredy cause i was told its best to get an oem belt, i will let u guys now how everything turns out thankss...

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
No Problem. If you need any help at all let us know. Thats what were hear for. These bikes are easy to work on. The roller weights....just take a socket the same size as the weight and pop them outta the cover and press your new weights in. I hope enjoy it. Did you order the 18 gram rollers?

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
thats the same secondary/rollers i have in mine. you wont be dissapointed. and if you really want an extra snap, get a good set of stall springs for the wet clutch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just got epi weac5018 weights for my eiger n they dont fit any help would be great guys it said they were the ones for the 450 n 750

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.