Mud in My Blood Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first stock 2008 Brute force 750 that I’m customizing myself, well I have a couple questions bc I’m wanting some new wheels and tires. First is can anyone help me, from my understanding the bike is a 4/110 well can anyone tell me what all models/brand rims/wheels will interchange with my bike. I’ve read som mixed reviews stating I may need to use hub/wheel spacers? Is that true? If it’s true will I need them for just the back or from and back? I just don’t want to purchase something and they not fit.

·
Super Moderator
7,603 Posts
This is my first stock 2008 Brute force 750 that I’m customizing myself, well I have a couple questions bc I’m wanting some new wheels and tires. First is can anyone help me, from my understanding the bike is a 4/110 well can anyone tell me what all models/brand rims/wheels will interchange with my bike. I’ve read som mixed reviews stating I may need to use hub/wheel spacers? Is that true? If it’s true will I need them for just the back or from and back? I just don’t want to purchase something and they not fit.
Well..what do you want to do? Buy all new wheels and tires? If so you should consider going square as in all 10" wide and all the wheels the same width and same offset. Your 2008 was the first year to use hub-centric wheels and are still used today. You can go back to lug-centric wheels by just cutting the hub tabs off and using the tappered lugs. But lets leave that for another conversation. Wheels- No, you will not have to use spacers and we don't recommend it anyway. Lets say you do want to go with the 10" wide tires...any height up to 28" without a lift. Get a wheel that is either 7 or 8"s wide and has an offset of either 4+3 or 5+2 for 7" and 5+3 or 4+4 for 8". Now the 3 and the 4" outset is several inches wider then the OEs so you may want to consider overfenders..or flair extensions. Try to get wheels are are 4x110 hub centric first. Try ITP as they have a spreadsheet chart that shoes fitment.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts