Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had no issues with my quad till my binlaw flipped the quad at least 5 end to end rolls had a lot of suspension parts fixed but when all said and done took it for our first ride road for a hour or so and the temp was flashing drove it for 5 mins than cutout lost all power tried to start it but would not start like the battery was dying towed it back and it started than stalled tried to start and same issue battery dying while trying to start it starts fine turn it off and battery seems like it is not charging so changed out the stator and rectifier still same issue new battery key off 11.99v key on 11.79v running 13.58v need help checked all connections seems fine

·
7,498 Posts
Driving for 5 minutes after the Hot light came on wasn't the thing to do. That could have done some thing you won't want to talk about right now like spun rod bearings... however the power problem seems to be a failed cell in the battery. Disconnect the battery and take it to any autoparts store and have it load tested first. If OK, charge it completely then test the stator...many have failed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts