Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 brute force 750i eps that I recently bought and in the last week the CVT light started blinking and the machine would go into limp mode. I reset the light and I can start it and drive it for as long as I want, I shut it off and turn it back on and it goes into limp mode again, but not every time, id say 1/3 times I cycle the ignition. so far I have bypassed the switch itself, checked the grounds on the frame, battery connections and I actually went right from the ignition fuse to the ECU, to try and rule out corrosion in a wire of connector. I haven't run a ground right to the ECU yet. I really hate messing with the factory wiring, but I know these machines are known to have electrical connection problems. as far as I can tell this machine was never really used as a boat and it is in otherwise really good shape. I just really don't know what to do at this point. I really don't want to have to go out and buy a $600 ECU if I don't have to. because that's really the only thing I can think that would have such an intermittent problem unless someone else has had any experience with a problem with this. the only other not original electrical things are led headlights from a TRX and a 12" light bar, and a USB charger wired into the 12v outlet.

·
7,498 Posts
Normally it would be the switch or it's connection but you say that's bypassed and jumpered so that can't be it. They are a but fussy about extra loads being added to the wrong circuits so maybe disconnect stuff like that light bar and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts