Mud in My Blood Forum banner

141 - 160 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
That looks great Gary. My shroud didn't turn out as clean as that. Hoping when I rack the rad, no one will see it.

·
Registered
236 Posts
THANK YOU!!!! im still fiddling between watching TV and such... my pipes were way too far forward.... this will be my 3rd time cutting the rubber 90.. 1st time it wouldmt line up level... im trying to get the center riser squared up so i have a reference for the other two, but it seems its either too far to the shifter side, centered and too far forward. think i got it now tho... think i need to trim a little off this factory plastic piece.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright, done for the night. it's midnight after all. what was screwing me up was i thought this piece was supposed to be farther to the left. but this is where i ended up positioning it for the riser to be centered and far enough back. the CTV exhaust and the CTV into touch at the rubber 90, but i don't think its a big deal. they still fit under the plastics... i do have to tweak the rubber boot coming off the CVT exhaust housing. just gotta try and twist it a little more towards the bike.

Also, i just went Street 90 directly to two 45s. putting the 3-4 inches between them like is says was putting me WAY too far foward. dunno what the different is. maybe difference in PVC mfg.

this pic is basically trying to show how far forward/back things should be. the closer pipe is the air intake. after i snapped the pic i tried a different 45 and i got close, but i still need to trim the rubber 90 down a little at the shop tomorrow.

and this is just a pic of the rubber 90 off the airbox into a 45 into a 90, because i havent seen a pic of it yet.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Vent line for fuel tank, Why re run it off the T? if the T junction is at the top, then i have another 1-2ft of hose.. why pull it off the T and re-run it?

Crank case: this still apply to 12+ bikes?
Brute Force Crank & Gas tank Vents - MudInMyBlood Forums

Diff lines.. ummm help? can't find a "how to" on that. thought the axles were sealed..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Issue with the fuel tank vent is it goes in to the frame. Poke your head under the plastics at the back near the tank and you'll see what I mean. Run another line straight off the check valve on the tank up to the front so it doesn't go in to the frame.

Crankcase I didn't worry about. Diff lines I believe are already up to the pod. Should be able to trace them to double check.

Good work on the photos too. Looks like you've got it pretty much sorted. My CVT intake/exhaust just touch at the rubber 90 as well.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Diff lines are definitely ran up to the pod. Here is the tubing size for the gas tank vent, don't forget to pick up a brass barb. This size worked out great for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Connecting the hose from the tank to the new hose ran to the pod

·
Registered
18 Posts
Good idea, I should have done the same, but I guess I just did my part stimulating the economy. Cheers

·
Registered
236 Posts
ssoooooo... about this dielectric grease... pull connections apart, insert grease, push em back together... correct?

·
Registered
236 Posts
IT'S ALIIIIVE!!!

everything is back together, i have 2 extra screws and im missing one bolt... i can only assume the screws go to pieces i removed... the bolt ll have to go to the hardware store for. All i have left is the Risers and cut/trim the top cover. but i took it for a quick ride down the street and everything works.

More pictures.
didn't realize this came out so blurry. its just showing that i used Gary's idea.

I got the rest of the electronics back in their spot without much of a problem.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I see you even managed to keep both electronic modules in the front section. Good work on that, I would have certainly preferred that option. I still haven't painted the risers. Waiting for a few good days of sunshine, been very wet and rainy here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok ive been going through reading on this just a question for help would there be anyone in monroe area that would be able to help me on this when I attempt it???

·
Registered
236 Posts
FINALLY DONE!!!!!!!

Took a whole lot of putting on and taking off the "collar" to grind it down to where the holes would line up. i may have measured a little wrong and cut em too high at first but whatever, they're done. Wheels are now on too. i'll take better pics when i have more light.

Dunno why my phone had super white out issues...

·
Registered
236 Posts
So i did this after work. was very happy with the out come. used krylon fusion black, then sprayed a spoon yellow and "flicked" it on...

THEN an hour ago i went for the clear coat and im pretty sure they are ruined. faded the hell out of the black from some reason... so ill have to do them again...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hopefully it works out for ya. Looks real good

·
Registered
72 Posts
Do you think a 3" center intake snorkel would fit like the 08-11's? I was also wondering if any part of your handlebars hit the snorkel tubes at full lock?
my snorkel set up is extremely similar to this. and i did not hit the bars on full lock. UNTIL... i put 1.5" handlebar risers on. now i hit on full lefts. the brake fluid reservoir thing hits the CVT exhaust just barley.

·
Registered
236 Posts
its not hard, just very time consuming. try to grab a bunch of zip locks and label them which screws that contain. for exaple "right footwell" "around the seat" "front hood"

141 - 160 of 183 Posts