Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good day fellas looking for some help im in a situation.
Where my stator has burnt up and stopped supplying enough to the battery. Pulled it out and found it was cooked, i need a new one and hopefully my rectifier is fine.

Dealer and oem want 500$ for the stator , i says f that , its not rocket science , whos got the best ones around for a reasonable price and not junk.

Heard rmstator is a risk. Does anyone know where i can get a stator and rectifier

·
7,411 Posts
Good day fellas looking for some help im in a situation.
Where my stator has burnt up and stopped supplying enough to the battery. Pulled it out and found it was cooked, i need a new one and hopefully my rectifier is fine.

Dealer and oem want 500$ for the stator , i says f that , its not rocket science , whos got the best ones around for a reasonable price and not junk.

Heard rmstator is a risk. Does anyone know where i can get a stator and rectifier
RMStator isn't any risk in my book. Used their stators and rectifiers for years - never an issue. Also Rick's motor sports electric is also very trustworthy. Bank on the stator being toast if the stator had burned coils. Get both.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Apologizes for bringing up an old thread,
Took sometime to get free to fix the bike,

I ordered a stator with pickup coil and rectifier from RMstator, installed both and all is working strong

I have a question tho regarding the white wires coming from the stator outside the case. They are very warm to the touch, not hot tho. Connectors dont look burnt, and are greased well. The last harness was not burnt on the insulation , is this normal to be close to hot on just them two wires? Or am i paranoid?

·
7,411 Posts
I have no idea but..with the amps and voltage being sent to the rectifier/regulator from the RM stator which is higher then the OEM, I would think you wouldn't risk increased ohm resistance in the connectors by using grease. Try flushing all that out and really cleaning them up with spray contact cleaner, then see how it is. A paper-thin coat of clear RTV outside these connectors does better then the old grease trick anyway.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts