Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sold the renegade.... :( time for something with fenders

Got a great deal on a 14 XMR 1000 in camo. From Sun Sports Cycles in Ft Myers, Fl

And the build begins...I'll keep updating this thread, but basically I've ordered the following so far

Catvos 4" black lift with Rhino Axles
EMPI boots for the axles
New ball joints/wheel bearings
QSC Primary, STM Secondary, 50/40 helix black spring
LTE slip on Exhaust
Custom cutout radiator cover
Performance ATV snorkels (which I will be re-doing the risers)
8" Memphis Marine speakers, SA-4.50 amp, and bluetooth adapter
Can-Am BRP rear seat (from dealer)
31 S/W Origional outlaws (NOT MAXXIS...I paid extra to get an OG set)
MSA M20 Kore rims
1.5" Wheel Spacers

Should be a fun buildup...I did similar to my renegade, pictures are floating around somewhere.

·
Administrator
15,330 Posts
And they say I swap toys a lot... :rockn:

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol. I'm guilty!

Should be wrenching instead of using Tapatalk...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotta keep em guessing!

Should be wrenching instead of using Tapatalk...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold the lift off the gade a few months ago, they are same. All G2 bikes have same suspension.

For the XMR they do have differently located shock tabs, because of the longer shocks

---------- Post added at 08:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

Alright, got some parts rolling in.

Still waiting on QSC/STM clutches, CATVOS lift, and backrest (it's backordered)

First mod was the yeti. I decided on the Roadie 20QT for size and ease of transport. I saw the mounting system from yeti, but didn't like a few things about it, so ventured out to make my own

this will work for ANY size yeti, not just roadie's

Take a ratchet strap or tie down, cut the mechanism and the hook off...

You are left with this

Put a d ring or hook on it

measure and drill for the eyelet. I use lock nuts for EVERYTHING so it doesn't come apart or loose ever. All stainless steel also

It looks huge without the rear seat but it should just be level or a little higher than the seat

About half full here, 10 drinks and ice

Got my 31's on M20's

Replacement CV boots for the rhino's

LTE slip on and programmer

Performance ATV snorkel (that I modified, I'll post some pictures after the weekend)

Custom rad cutout

LTE on

Let me say, the LTE fits great, but it did require you to push up a lot more than i was comfortable with to get the bolts in

·
Registered
45 Posts
looks good

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Lookin awesome Ricky how did it do and do you have the foreman still or is it gone also

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did great this weekend! Got it real stuck but thats what it's for!

The ACS is acting up but I knew i would have issues with it, thats why I wanted a MAX not an XMR in the first place. But from what I'm reading and from talking to my buddy it is a leak in the system that causes the "air fault" that I'm having.

Mine is also doing the typical "dess key not found", which just is my key needing di-electric

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As I've talked about...my ACS went out this weekend. I'm done with it, too much electrical for how we ride.

Checked the whole system for leaks...ZERO. (that was what I was told causes ACS fault)

The computer is going nuts, front locks up on acs 1...won't dump, then randomly it will dump when you put it up to 6. Then rear will dump on acs 6 but only 1/4 of the way. Then everything goes up to 6 but won't go back down. It's a mess.

So I capped it off.

Home depot 1/8" NPT brass caps.

Whole system functions still, I can get air out of the fill line and compressor doesn't even try to fill up at all when riding (stays on ACS1). When you want to do anything with the air chuck just plug it in and move up to acs 6. Works perfect and no fault code.

Compressor DOES NOT short cycle like everyone says it will.

Now keep in mind I'm still experimenting, BUT I bought Fox Podiums (Renegade 1k shocks) and I'm hoping I still won't have the ACS fault. I was having it when trying to air up ACS settings. If I stayed at ACS 1 it wouldn't fault.

If it does go into fault mode all the time, I may get an outlander computer and just take out the whole solenoid part and leave the compressor and run a line straight to the tire fill valve and run a switch to the pod. Keep it simple and still have on board air. it would save my arse one day

As of now, I'm still waiting on CATVOS and QSC for the rest of parts.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh yeah...love that max frame!

I am happy things turned out the way they did but this ACS is killin' me...I wish Sun Sports had a MAX to work an insane deal on not a XMR. BUT...I'm so ahead of the game having wheels/tires to sell, snorkel was easy, and rad already up. Just bought the Fox Podiums so as of now with buying the podiums and seat I'm at the deal I could have got on a MAX.

BUT...I still have suspension/compressor/wheels/tires to sell...

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh boy...knew this would happen. Ups brown truck comes. I get 4 packages today. Shocks came...great! Rhino axles....awesome!!! Get the lift... well

So I open the trailing arms box first....no good. Immediately see chipped powder coat.

Call up Scott. Send some pictures. Just explained my situation and what is going on. When he saw the pics he said holy hell. Its horrible.

He is taking care of it no questions asked. Sending me a brand new lift from a different powder coater. He said they have been battling powder coat issues lately. But this is the worst they have seen.

Needless to say I'm a little bummed but super pumped to have nice powder coat and I'm very happy Scott is personally handling this. Speaks volumes for the company and his business.

I don't want to bash CATVOS so I won't post the pictures but I will say that its awesome how he is handling it

As for today...

Got a ton of work done.

Got my CATVOS in. PERFECT powder coat, i mean perfect. Real thick and nice. Sent back the old stuff and I'm getting started installing. Just taking my time I am very meticulous.

QSC charged my card so that should ship any day.

As you guys know, sent out my computer to get re flashed essentially. That should be back any day.

Took out the entire ACS system, right down to the air lines, shocks, compressor ETC.

There is a ton of crap.

Anyone who does this, there is a lot of cussing involved to get the compressor out, I ended up cutting the bracket in half (you'll see what I mean), and I took out all air lines. I just zip tied all the wires up and I'm very very happy with how much less clutter there is

1 - 20 of 46 Posts