Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new kawasaki oem belt. Has stock secondary spring and either a maroon or red(its faded) primary spring. But on the shims i had 3, a thick a medium and thin.started with about 2" of slack. Tried the thick with the skinny then the medium. Now i have just the thick in and i have about 1.5"(38mm)slack.
Wasnt sure if the factory specs are still achieved with aftermarket primary. Should i get it within the 22-24mm?

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
Yes. Regardless of springs, you should still try to achieve the appropriate deflection.

Reactions: Eryxian and Jrp79

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Got a new kawasaki oem belt. Has stock secondary spring and either a maroon or red(its faded) primary spring. But on the shims i had 3, a thick a medium and thin.started with about 2" of slack. Tried the thick with the skinny then the medium. Now i have just the thick in and i have about 1.5"(38mm)slack.
Wasnt sure if the factory specs are still achieved with aftermarket primary. Should i get it within the 22-24mm?
Stay with orm belts only - all other belts suck on the kawie v twin. I set my belt deflection by how high the belt sits in the secondary sheaves or clutch. You should be around a 1/16” to 3/32 of belt cog showing above the sheaves

1 - 3 of 3 Posts