Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just bought a 2017 Polaris Sportsman 850 highlifter. So on my speedometer the gauge and everything work except the back light. I checked all the fuses and there good. Is there anyway to replace the bulb for the back light or do I need a new cluster

·
7,462 Posts
Most of those are LEDs now. With the kinds of service hours they have it's odd some would be out on a 17 already. With other brands most have had to replace the unit but some have gone in and changed the color of the LEDs to something they like better. I guess you would need to know if the back-light power source is the same as others and if so, maybe there is a ground problem.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
I can't remember if it's something you can turn on/off I know you can adjust the brightness and color, maybe it's just adjusted all the way down? Go through the MODE settings and see if you can't adjust it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I can't remember if it's something you can turn on/off I know you can adjust the brightness and color, maybe it's just adjusted all the way down? Go through the MODE settings and see if you can't adjust it.
This highlifter comes with the sealed unit cluster I don’t have a mode button to change the brightness or turn it on or off. Like I said everything is functional on it except the back light. It just makes it hard especially when we are night riding.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
No mode button? That’s odd. The sealed units should have buttons on them. If not you should be able to use the yellow button on the left handle to scroll through the functions as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
165 Posts
This highlifter comes with the sealed unit cluster I don’t have a mode button to change the brightness or turn it on or off. Like I said everything is functional on it except the back light. It just makes it hard especially when we are night riding.
I think you just answered your own question. If you have a sealed unit, then I doubt that you can change the backlight lamp.

·
Administrator
15,476 Posts
I think you just answered your own question. If you have a sealed unit, then I doubt that you can change the backlight lamp.
Are the units on the HL editions different than normal sportsmans?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts