Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've tried to do some research on this with no help. The dealer said "your switch is probably just lose" but, it's not.

It acts like a dead battery. I can walk out to the shop, start it right up, back it out of the shop and shut her down.
Go back later and it won't start. It's like something isn't shutting off and draining the battery. After multiple attempts, she'll fire right up though. Like nothing was wrong.

I'll update this thread as I track down the culprit and hopefully get it fixed.

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I took the pod cover off, and removed the switch. There's nothing wrong with it. Plug is tight, wires are good.
Connections at Battery are good. Level of dist. water in battery is good.

Next step I guess is to track down connections at the starter to make sure they are tight.

·
7,411 Posts
Has to be a bad connection somewhere. I would just start at the battery and work out. Maybe jump to the vehicle down switch and kill switch before going too far but after checking all at the fuse box.

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Starter connections were good and tight. I was told by someone this weekend that the factory batteries on the 570's were crap. He had a similar issue with his ranger 570. So I may be looking into a good aftermarket battery.

·
7,411 Posts
If the battery has an internal break, then it would act that way. Also if it does, then testing the battery during this time would show no voltage. Been known to happen.

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been a L O N G time since I've bought an ATV battery... Guess it's time to do a little research. Josh what did ya'll replace the factory one with?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Been a L O N G time since I've bought an ATV battery... Guess it's time to do a little research. Josh what did ya'll replace the factory one with?
We have not yet. His has been sitting for a while since he joined the army so I just assumed that’s why his is trash. I charged it a week ago and it took a charge for the day but next day it barely had any juice at all

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We’ll see if this fixes things....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
15,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
new battery is in. didn't fit inside the stock plate, had to remove it. So it's just kinda sitting there w/ the bungee over it. Hopefully it doesn't go anywhere. I don't do a bunch of rough riding so it should be fine.

Hopefully this helps and solves my problem.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts