Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys new to the pages. I am having issues finding information on 2019 bf 750 clutch kit and spring options. I have recently installed the epi mudder kit. Bike has great low end but seems to be wound out at 50 mph on 28s. Looking to see if there are spring options to make a difference and also wondering if I need to remove any of the shims. Any knowledge is helpful thank you.

·
7,353 Posts
Welcome. First you should know that EPI and Dalton make great springs for all the 2005-2011 but even though you can...and they may list the same springs and flyweights for the 2012+s, they will NOT give you the best performance. The clutches were redesigned and that makes them different. The only one in the world that makes the correct spring sets for all the new models is VForce John. Contact him through his web page- vforcejohn.com . Next, the shims are to set the belt's deflection....nothing else..and it is critical it be correct. It mist be between 22-27mm but the best operation will be found between 22-24mm warm. Lastly, no batter what you do expect to loose some top end with stiffer springs. Can't add low end and keep the high. You will take some from one.. and give to the other. That's just how it works.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome. First you should know that EPI and Dalton make great springs for all the 2005-2011 but even though you can...and they may list the same springs and flyweights for the 2012+s, they will NOT give you the best performance. The clutches were redesigned and that makes them different. The only one in the world that makes the correct spring sets for all the new models is VForce John. Contact him through his web page- vforcejohn.com . Next, the shims are to set the belt's deflection....nothing else..and it is critical it be correct. It mist be between 22-27mm but the best operation will be found between 22-24mm warm. Lastly, no batter what you do expect to loose some top end with stiffer springs. Can't add low end and keep the high. You will take some from one.. and give to the other. That's just how it works.
Thank u absolutely understand the give and take portion was curious if the 50 top sounded about right or not. I have spoken with vfj on fb. Simply asking information and I was bashed by him for lacking the particular knowledge. So not exactly keen on payin money to someone who cares to insult instead of educate others. Such is why I looked into possibilities of other brands

·
7,353 Posts
Thank u absolutely understand the give and take portion was curious if the 50 top sounded about right or not. I have spoken with vfj on fb. Simply asking information and I was bashed by him for lacking the particular knowledge. So not exactly keen on payin money to someone who cares to insult instead of educate others. Such is why I looked into possibilities of other brands
Sorry about the experience with VFJ. That's not the first time I have heard a story like that. I guess I will quit referring to him.

Yours came with springs that would have been good for the average trail rider up to 28s. But if you add-in mud you will need a little more. Yes, a topend cut to around 50mph with the mudders kit is about right. If it were me I would go back to a Maroon or pink primary and if you do mud a lot stick with the red spring or..a hair less but still great in mud and get you back in the upper 50s would be the Dalton Violet. I have some old bar charts that show the resistance between the two...somewhere. I'll post the pics if I can find them. If your kit came with weights, do yourself a favor and put your stock weights back in.

·
7,353 Posts
Dalton violet secondary and pink or maroon epi primary ?
Yep...actually the stock primary is a lot like the pink so...maybe the Maroon. It'll be another 300 RPMs stall over the Pink. Better in the mud but I never liked it in the technical stuff. If EPI had you install the RED primary...wow..lots of stall there.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Exactly huge stall and seems to me the secondary spring is to long. Was told it can cause binding

·
7,353 Posts
Exactly huge stall and seems to me the secondary spring is to long. Was told it can cause binding
Yeah if it is the EPI RED it is coil-binding. And if the primary has their RED as well, its just way too much IMO. And very hard on the belt and lower primary sheaves to engage at that RPM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts