Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my brute last January brand new from the dealer. Ran to the first service interval and did a full service on it then snorkeled it soon after. Sometime shortly there after I got back to the house and was about to turn it off when it just died like I switched it off. I took it to the dealer since it was still under warranty and told them to check it over. I made sure to tell them to check the IAC, TPS, and CPS. Picked it up and they said the Air Filter was a little dry and it seemed to be running right. Got it home and took it for a run and sure enough when I come down to idle it will pretty consistently stall. Starts right back up with no issue. I've since added a full empire system and VFJ ECM flash. She still runs like a raped ape but will still stall when I come back to idle unless I bump the throttle a little bit. Has anyone ran into this or have any ideas?

·
Administrator
15,514 Posts
Idle set too low?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See that I don't know. I'm thinking about bumping it up a bit. Have to pop the side cover off the throttle bodies. I'm just curious as to why it's doing it considering the IAC is controlled by the ecm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea go figure. Can you straight bypass it by putting the throttle body hoses together and manually setting idle?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any suggestions. Replace the valve? I've already tried cleaning it. I'm assuming it's working most the time since it does idle but stalls after running it hard and coming back to idle

·
Premium Member
31 Posts
You changed the air intake and throttle curve, did you change the jets to compensate?

If you change the exhaust as well your issue is only going to get worse. Adjusting the idle may help a bit, however your ideal is now likely higher than spec as you have changed your air-fuel mix. Adding the snorkel means that after extended running you are now preheating your intake air a few degrees.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Efi machine. Been tuned to compensate for increased air flow but it did this before I changed exhaust and all.

·
Registered
20 Posts
put it up on stands and pop your airbox cover off, start it up and run it WOT for a few minutes to get it nice and warm; basically try to get it to stall again.
if it does then ya something is up with the valves, since they are rubber hose you could try and run a "dumb" bypass with a smaller diameter pvc hose and a couple t barbs and a needle screw valve to each valve to try and "help" the valve by giving you some limited manual override of the air flow.

if it doesn't do it then could be something is not agreeing with the snorkle you have on there.

Reactions: Doashep
1 - 10 of 10 Posts