Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
i wonder how they stack up to a 29.5 law. does anyone know whether the 29.5 term measures true to size or not? i know the 32 is pretty darn close.

·
Administrator
15,381 Posts
from what Ive seen in videos (and just looking at the tread design), they dont appear to paddle well, which is the best quality of the Law...

IMO (and I only have personal experience w/ the 29.5 Law) The term's would be an excellent tire in ruts and hard bottoms, but are not going to hold a candle to the Law in soupier situations...

Again, just basing this on my experience with laws, other tires, the videos Ive seen of the terms and their tread pattern etc...

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
id like to give some a try just to do a review. i've had both laws and 30 backs on my 400 (hated the backs) and i had some 28 radials for a few rides (loved em), and so far my 29.5s are the best tire for what i do, that is 75/25 mud & water/trails i also think that if you cut one of the smaller lugs out on the terms, it would be a LEGIT tire.

·
Administrator
15,381 Posts
^ Yeah I agree. I bet they ride smooth.

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
probably so. my buddy has a set of 32s on his t cat and says they ride pretty smooth but not near as smooth as my 28 rad laws, the only reason i got rid of them is they didn't do AS good as my laws... which is an unfair expectation in the first place. but they are an awsome tire and if I rode alot more trails, i would def go back to them.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I reading somewhere on here and I think it was Cwilliams(sp?) said that 29.5 measures out to 29". Andy from SuperATV said they do run 1/4" short and the 28s are a true 28. Id really like to give them a shot, especially since I dont really mud that much. Im more of a trail, sand, rock and some water type of rider.

·
Resident Kitty Expert
791 Posts
heres my pre-review... basing my knowledge of tires.
mud- will do well in ruts and hard bottom, and if you have wheel speed to clean them out should do fine in soup
water- it will be one of those tires that you will need 4wd to steer and wont paddle like laws or backs
sand- a large contact patch and a flat profile will help them
trail- they will be a great riding tire
rocks- i think, depending on the softness of the rubber compound, aired down should do fine in climbing.

·
Vendor
164 Posts
Be sure your ready for the 2011 Mud Nats. Ive posted this flyer for you guys to see what sizes are in store for the Terminators!

·
Registered
73 Posts
i wonder how they stack up to a 29.5 law. does anyone know whether the 29.5 term measures true to size or not? i know the 32 is pretty darn close.

The 29.5's do run short. Mine are 28.5 @ 10psi. So far this is the only problem I have with this tire..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts