Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was going to order some 28" Zillas for my brute and was told the Zillas run small. Now considering 30" zillas but am concerned with 30's being too big and causing axle damage. Any ideas. It is for the bike in my sig. Anybody out there have 28 zillas that can measure them for "true size"?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
im lookin at the same thing...

·
Registered
278 Posts
The 30's are still VERY light, I think 25 & 32 lb's or something close to that.. I don't see any problems with it! Definitely don't for see Axel damage with that set up. Looking for a set myself when they come out..

·
Registered
38 Posts
Most of the axle damage can be controlled by one's thumb ;) I have had no axle issues on my 08 Brute running 30" mudzillas, on the other hand my son has gone thru tie rods and axles on his 07 Brute running 28" Silverbacks (no lift)

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
wat do u guys think of 30s mud lites?

·
Registered
101 Posts
im running them and they are great for what i ride. im just gonna get some 31'' laws later. so i wont have to work the bike as much. but they measure up to true size and never slick over. about 2'' taller than the 29.5. again it is all about the thumb. you could have 32'' backs and not break any axles if you have a light thumb. but the mud lites and mud zillas are one of the two lightest tires out there right now too good luck;)

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys. I am still a little heavy on the throttle but I am learning. Looks like a set of 30's are in my near future. As soon as someone gets a set to buy.:rockn:

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
My 28 Zillas measure 1/2 inch short.

·
Registered
101 Posts
if you can try to ride and try out their mud zillas. dont be stuck with something you dont like

1 - 9 of 9 Posts