Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had an offer to trade my 30 mudlites for some 29.5 by 12 all around with deep dish wheels in the back, My questions are. How bad is haveing 12's on the front, will I need to lift, What would the deep dish do in the back? Would the tires stick out further?
I was looking to swap my ML's for some mud tires but this is all I got so far and was curious if it would be too much(tearing up my bike). I kinda like the skinny look and I dont ride alot in deep mud.
If you got the time I appreciate your input.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
the 12's in the front will definitely be tougher on your bike. polaris425 can chime in ont his, he had the same(ithink) setup for a while. i think he bent alot of tie rods

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
yeah I went thru tie-rods a good bit. Harder on steering too. However, I did have SRA rims all the way around as well, not just on the back, which, I dont think you would like just having them on the back, it wont look right IMO. IRS machines always need to have 4 equal rims if you ask me. I loved the look and the pull of the 12's up front... but they are A LOT of wear and tear on the front end. you can check out my pics on the website if you want.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I switched to 10's up front, still on the SRA rims, and had no more problems.

·
Registered
278 Posts
If they're brand new. I may be willing to trade two 10's for two 12's.... I have the skinnies on all 4 but want 12's in the back.

·
Registered
378 Posts
12's all the way around on one of mine have changed the tie rods once, but think that was more from slamming the front end down from wheelies. but it does suck when they break doin 40 around a corner ....ouch :eek:

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
lol i bet it does 12's up front i wouldnt want but i will say they look wicked cool by far

1 - 9 of 9 Posts