Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i been lookin at gettin some new tires and rims for the brute and was wonderin what ya'll thought about the new 31" laws...how do they pull as compared to the 29.5's and will i have to worry about the 31's breakin axels more than 29.5's? need some advice guys as usual i appreciate the opinions

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I like my 31's. No problems yet axle-wise.
They 11's seem to pull pretty hard. The 9.5 are pretty skinny but they do their share of the work.
the lugs are pretty good. about 2.5 inches on the side lugs

one thing to consider, if you get 31's you are going to need to heat your plastic to avoid rubbing. you will also need to remove the front plastic bash plate else your new meats will do it for you!

·
Registered
101 Posts
alot of people go both ways with this one. some people like the spacing between the lugs on the 29.5's, but you get alot of ground clearance out of the 31''s. its kinda about what conditions you ridin. The axle problem shouldnt be bad. IMO if you are not breaking axles with 29.5s you probobly wont with a 31'' depending on how heavy your thumb is. just let em crawl

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
I can't believe the ground clearance you get out of 31's :rockn:

when I run these 27's out 30-31's to come.

·
Registered
101 Posts
yeah heres another with 29.5s mounted

·
Registered
288 Posts
Would to have to remove the bash plate with the 30 backs like you have to with the 31 laws?

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont know if you would. Phreebsd did with his 31''s but since the silverbacks are a inch shorter and the side lugs arent as deep it probobly wouldnt. if you get the 31''s you can get wheel spacers so it wont grab that bash plate.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so with the mods in my sig. would i need to remove the bash plate and heat the plastic if i got 1" wheel spacers all the way around?

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Probably not, but if you push them out, there's a chance they will rub the outside edge of the fender a little... when in full turn.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Probably not, but if you push them out, there's a chance they will rub the outside edge of the fender a little... when in full turn.
:agreed:

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Go big or go home!:rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
what ever you do just make sure you full turn the bike in the yard going different speeds. You dont want that bash plate ripped off during a ride cause then it drags underneath and will be impossible to get off. i had to feed my winch cable thru mine so i could hold it up

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
what ever you do just make sure you full turn the bike in the yard going different speeds. You dont want that bash plate ripped off during a ride cause then it drags underneath and will be impossible to get off. i had to feed my winch cable thru mine so i could hold it up
yeah........ that was a good idea if I have to say so myself.... ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I put on 30 inch backs and rode with a buddy that has same bike with 29.5 laws. We both went through same holes but my backs did get through easier. We both have same mods except for pipe. He has utility slip on.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I heated my fenders today and no problems with scrubbing but the bash plate is a different story. i modified it. Cut it close to the frame and that solved my problems and this is with 32 backs.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Man I'm starting to get real hungry for some bigger tires. Times are pretty uncertian right now and I dont know if spending the money would be a good idea

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Feed that hunger brother! Feed it well!

·
Registered
288 Posts
I want to bad I've been looking around and shipping will cost an arm and leg. Getting them here in canada will be at around 1500-1700$ for 30 backs.

I just have to figure out a way to hide that from the wife:thinking:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts