Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got 4 30x11 zillas comming my way and was wondering what spring should i run with these im thinking my almond i have now is perfect since they weigh 30 pounds each and my tri claws were 33. my almond worked perfect with the tri's but just wanting to get everyone elses suggestions. thanks

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
yeah I say try it w/ almond. The chart said 28 lbs... which is the same as my 26" MST's lol... So I'm not going to change my clutch at all at first (maroon/black) & see what happenes. Let me know how you like the 11's up front, I'm debating that myself.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
green and a 12 pack.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol sandman but jon i was looking at all wide or skinny wide too but the skinny 30's are almost to skinny and the way the lugs are on these tires, it seems like they may want to dig and going that skinny might not be so good so thats why i went wide, plus i can rotate now like my truck lol even wear everywhere hahaha

·
Kajun Mud Slingers
1,616 Posts
Let us know how you like them. I will be ordering 30's soon but will go with the 9's in the front and the 11s in the back. Well be ordering another set of rims also. Will have a set of 28s and a set of 30s.

·
Administrator
15,420 Posts
lol sandman but jon i was looking at all wide or skinny wide too but the skinny 30's are almost to skinny and the way the lugs are on these tires, it seems like they may want to dig and going that skinny might not be so good so thats why i went wide, plus i can rotate now like my truck lol even wear everywhere hahaha
I thought the same thing.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
You should be fine with the Almond i think lilbigtonka.

I had the 11's on the front of mine at first now i have the 9's. The 9's do look a little awkward because they are so skinny and mine are 28's. i'm sure the 30's look even crazier. For mud riding and looking cool the 11's win hands down but for ease of turning the 9's are quit a bit easer to turn side to side. I did not notice any power difference between the two. Plus the 9's do not stick out past the fenders like the 11's do. They don't sling as much mud on the rider.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i need some clutching help. i just install on 06 650i pink pri and yellow sec and 2 54g/2 56g weights (opposing each other ofcourse) wow what a diff in power to the wheels but even in high it seems to be staying geared to low . any help or advice.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
tims what tire you running

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
28 mudzillas with a yellow i would prolly have a a red for those tires but i guess better to ahve to much grip on belt then not enough

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
what about the weight lighter weight takes higher rpm's to close the primary and heavier weights take less rpm's is that principal right?

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sorta yes but it also depends on your riding style like if you extrmeme mud i would go a spring lower geared then what you should have example thick mudding all the time and you should have lime green i would get red but if you are strictly trail riding and say on 29.5 you should have red but i would go lime green so you get more umphhh meaning mph outta the bike

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
Tim, you need lime green secondary spring max for those tires. Anything more is most definitely overkill and you have no business with yellow in there. i'd get that out quick like.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
ok guys i will try the lime green but what about the primary weights? i ride 50-50 trail and mud most mud thin with water and not so much gumbo clay.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
IMO stock weights are the way to go for the average mud/trail rider.

I seen BigP turn his 28 outlaws in some peanut butter thick mud with the lime green secondary spring. That should be plenty for you.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i'd stock weights too if that's what you are riding in.

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
thanks guys i just ordered a lime green spring and i guess i will be pullin it down again. it really pizzzzes me off when u buy a clutch kit for a specific size bike with specific size tires and u cant use any thing in it . it was a waste of 200$

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Those kits ain't cheap thats for sure.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
tims 650brute what year model is your brute?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts