Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the first ride on the new 31" outlaws yesterday.
Rode through the creek and several mud pits. I have to say I'm very impressed with them. They pull a lot harder than my 27's.

In the mud hole, the bike seems to take a front wheels up attitude as the rear tires provided great pull to push the bike forward through the slop. They handled well on the trails at moderate speed but I could tell pushing it further was asking for trouble whether it be a bent tie rod from hitting bumps while turning or from just rolling the bike period.
You can definitely tell you are rolling on 31's. They do add some weight.

Performance in the creek sand was as good or better than my 27's. I think the size helped here.

in all, very happy!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Any power issues or did the stock BF handle them pretty good?

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
he didnt seem to have any problem turning them over, atleast not with that yellow secondary spring. It did its job.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Congrats

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any power issues or did the stock BF handle them pretty good?
Seemed to pull them pretty good. Take off was good too.
There was one point where Jon and I were in the creek side by side rolling and we took off at the same time. I pulled ahead and wet the **** out of him. :D

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
AAAAAHHHHHHHH! HAHA! Yeah, when he says, he pulled ahead, it's b/c I wasnt even in the throttle. :D If I'd have hit the throttle I've have smoked AND wet his ***.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont remember it that way ;)

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
All you need now is a new avatar pic sporting the new black 212's and 31's

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yep I gotta get a wheels up pic like that one.

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
anytime you want to run let me know ;)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did. You kept looking at my tail light then you didnt want to play anymore. ;)

·
Administrator
15,446 Posts
hahaha! Ok bro. you just keep telling yourself that.... I feld bad for roosting mud in ur eye so I was trying not to do it again. ;)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
bwahaha! that was me! I had a pocket of dirt under my eyelid till that night. my eye was sore!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I had 31 inch outlaws on mine for about a month and went with 29.5 and regret it. Going back to them soon. I never noticed any power loss. Could still pull the front wheels with no problem. The extra ground clearance was nice.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
im still lovin it :)

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
The 31s are great tires. My Brute pulled them very well and never any problems out of the belt, axles, or anything else.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have an option between the 31" skinny laws or 30" skinny backs. If there was no price difference and just had the option, what would be your decision?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ive only had the laws. tried and true.

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
I'de probably say the 31 skinnies...both are great tires though!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts