Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so the deal I had for my Mudlites fell through but I may have an offer for 32" Backs. I dont really want ot go that big but Ive seen quite a few guys on hear running them. What would I need to do to put them on my 07 Brute. I have new bushiongs for the a-arms coming from EPI and I drilled and tapped them for grease fittings. I cut pipe and put it over the tie rods. Ball Joints just greased and or tight. I have a red spring coming that was suppossed to be for the 30's.

Will I need a 2" Lift, yellow spring, if I go easy on the bike in thick mud will Istil lhave trouble tearing up axles and belts?

Thanks
Wade

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
with tires that big, you will most likely have problems with axels, tie rods, belts etc. down the road. there's not much avoiding it. prolonging it, maybe. just be very very easy on the throttle. you'd definitely need a lift. what wheels do you have?

·
SAY I WON'T!!!
997 Posts
Gonna need at least a 2" lift ( I had the X-treme lift) and at a minimum the Red secondary. Lots will say the Yellow, but I know the Red will turn them nicely. (I have the Yellow secondary). Gonna need to heat & push in your fenders (phreebsd has a nice vid in the How To's). Only problem I ever had when I had them was I bent a tie-rod while coming out of a hole riding a wheelie...lol Completely my fault...showing my azz...lol

Not to sound like a broken record, but...I ran 31" Outlaws and 32" Silverbacks for a long time on my STOCK axles, stock tie-rods, stock belt. No problems. I DO have a clutch kit in it for those big tires, but no problems in the nastiest of holes, even with the Red secondary...my .02

1 - 5 of 5 Posts