Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Hahaha i just remembered this. Check out this little 4 second vid my wife made with our Kodak picture camera. This was when i first got the Brute and was totally oblivious to the power it had.It was maybe 2 days old.I told here to film me i was gonna pop a wheelie and she did think it would do it. Well to tell the truth i did not expect it to come up that easy and at the end you can hear the black plastic on the back of the fenders hit the ground. The reason the clip is so short it scared her and she hit the stop button on the camera thinking i was gonna turn it over.

I was immediately hooked on the brute power!!!:rockn:

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
haha. women get scared too fast!! that's why the best vids are taken by men..
they keep on filming to see what happens!

Gotta love that brute power!!

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do love the power:)

I keep reading about the 08/09 models being detuned either though the timing or through the fuel injector. But i cant tell it!!!

There is even a guy over on Kawie riders making a module for the 08/09 models.

phreebsd does your feel detuned? I have a hard time keeping the front down even with the 28 Zillas if i nail it at a speed lower the 10 mph or from a stop.

Maybe i just don't know what I'm looking for. I never ridden a old carb brute with the module on it for a comparison.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ive read that the detune is only on the 09's. I havent noticed it on mine.
the module he said works for the 09's.. have you seen the videos? Looks like it's well worth the $60 plus shipping.

This is the before video

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know. Maybe it is a 09 deal then?

If he was truly pinning the throttle in the first vids then something was defiantly wrong.

I've never had that problem with the 08 model.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Like you said, he could be pulling a salesman and not pushing the throttle all the way. I think you can find a few reports of kawieriders.com members happy with their module.

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Yeah I built my back bumper to save the black plastic. now all i need are wheels on it! but that's cheating.

Hay are they from Canada? I thought I herd the one guy say 20k and that was not 20mph more like 10mph (2nd vid).

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I'm not sure.. Maybe
A dead giveaway is when they say words with an OW sound in them. They replace it with OH
like instead of saying out they would say oat.
:D

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
ok confirmed. I just watched them over again he said aboot (about)
Confirmed canadians! :D :D

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Anybody here on MIMB own a 09 Brute?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts