Mud in My Blood Forum banner

41 - 60 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Yes the four wheel function works just fine off the diff and once I figured out that a wheel had turn to get the gear and fork to slide into place all is smooth. I will look for that elusive allen screw before I put it back together. I will let you know how it works out. Thanks again.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well I still could not find that allan screw ( guess I need a picture) so put it back together, new oil of course ( castrol ATV 80/90). Took it for a ride around property, shifting in and out of four wheel , worked good except for one time .did not want to go back to two wheel, but backed up slightly and it shifted back. So will ride as is and hope no more problems. Thanks again .

·
Registered
6 Posts
No problem, take care
I want to give you a slap on the back for being a great entrepreneur and also for giving great customer service. I just ordered a motor and 45 torx from you and so long as everything goes as planned and I get the 4wd working I'm extremely happy to be saving a bunch of money. I checked out your guides before I went to buy the ATV and talked him down on price since the 4wd wasn't working.

I am going to clean and re-time the 5KM and I wondered if you could expand on what you said about re-timing it? I couldn't see the dots that you were talking about in the video.

Also, I have another question and I understand you are a business and may not want to give away your source. On the side I rebuild automatic pool cleaners called
Aquabots and the motors are ridiculously expensive. There is a motor and a pump in each Aquabot. The pumps are over $200 and the motors are $300. Do you have any advice for finding a cheaper supplier of motors? I know this has nothing to do with your work but I thought you might have advice. Thanks again and rock on!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
I appreciate it, I'm glad I could help you out with it! To re-time the 5KM, watch this video, it explains it pretty good. If you have any questions let me know.

Regarding your pump motor question, can you email me a picture of it and I can see if I can help you out with it. Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I appreciate it, I'm glad I could help you out with it! To re-time the 5KM, watch this video, it explains it pretty good. If you have any questions let me know.

Cleaning and Retiming Yamaha 5KM servo motor - YouTube

Regarding your pump motor question, can you email me a picture of it and I can see if I can help you out with it. Thanks.
I have watched the video but still wasn't sure exactly what you meant for re-assembly in 2wd. I drew a picture (attached) of what I think you meant, does it look correct? Sorry about the picture quality I just threw it together quickly in Photoshop.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
If those small lines are the white tab, you would need to move them to the right, two dots, meaning the first line would be on the second dot in your picture. That'll be 2wd.

In the servo, the white tab has three dots on it and the case has three brass contacts/prongs built in it. The first dot on the white tab will line up with the 2nd brass prong built into the case. Make sense?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If those small lines are the white tab, you would need to move them to the right, two dots, meaning the first line would be on the second dot in your picture. That'll be 2wd.

In the servo, the white tab has three dots on it and the case has three brass contacts/prongs built in it. The first dot on the white tab will line up with the 2nd brass prong built into the case. Make sense?
It does and I think that is how I drew the picture. The lines in the picture are contacts in the case and the dots are the dots on the white tab. Thanks much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Just wanted to say that I just got my Kodiak back together and the 4wd is working great now thanks to oleblue22's videos, instructions and parts.

Cost me $60 and a bit of my own labor. Saved me probably $200.

·
Registered
1 Posts
02 Big Bear 4x4

Man i'm glad you got it going and glad to help. Take care.
Hey Blue- (Posted this in Grizzlyowners.com as well, not sure if you still follow that one)
Awesome threads and videos on here and Mud in my Blood. Just bought a used 02 Big Bear 4x4 and the 4wd went last night. After watching all your vidoes and testing everything I think it's a bad motor but not sure. Everything tested good but when I hooked the 3v battery contraption to the servo, it turned then stopped. Changed the wires and it turned then stopped. Did this a few times. Hooked the wire harness back to it and 4wd works as it should but imagine it will fail again. What do you think?

I have the 5GH servo, unsealed.

I have not been able to get it off the differential because the frame holding the swingarm is in the way. I can back the bottom hex screw out most of the way but not quite there. I don't know how to get the servo unattached to be able to replace the small motor because of this. Thanks for any help you can offer.
Joe C

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
We now have both rebuilt and new complete 4wd servo assemblies. For the rebuilt ones, we basically find OEM Yamaha units, clean them, replace the motor, test and retime to 2wd. These are ready to plug and play. If you'd like to rebuild your own unit, there is always that option too. We still have the motors available so you can do it yourself.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
41 - 60 of 63 Posts