1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
302 Posts
My actuator is working fine but the light on my cluster continues flashing from 4wd to 2wd... Am I suppose to reset or flash the computer? Any help, let me know. Thanx

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
no thre should be no need to reset. Are you hearing the KEBC actuator making noise when you key off?

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
what year is your bike?

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same issue but since the 4x4 is working I haven't taken the time to trace down the problem.
While my bike is down right now I will try to take a look at it and see what's going on.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
My actuator is working fine but the light on my cluster continues flashing from 4wd to 2wd... Am I suppose to reset or flash the computer? Any help, let me know. Thanx

Time the flashes from 4wd to 4wd and that is the fault code being set, thus guiding you to the actual problem.

Search for it on here, it's been asked before and some good tips.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
hmm. there's 1, 2 and 4 seconds.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
one thousand one, one thousand two, ...

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
wat causes the actuator to go bad??

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
2 seconds??
Engine brake actuator fault.

More than likely your actuator itself but should test if first or just disconnect it if you don't like it.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Hey guys, If my actuator is acting up, will it prevent my quad from switching into 4x4?
Kawasaki Brute Force 650E
if you are talking KEBC, yes it will.

·
Registered
101 Posts
mine did something kinda weird at ECMN......first part of the ride the 4wd worked as it should. i know these things dont go into 4wd instantly and all so...... later in the ride i go to switch it to 4wd and it instantly flashes over to 4wd.....but it wasnt in 4wd. then flip it back to 2wd and it instantly swaps back.(showing on the pod that is) now granted my brute broke and i havent had it running since....but i was jus curious if anyone else had a similar issue. like maybe the 2wd/4wd switch

·
Registered
54 Posts
alright i bought a brand new $300 4x4 actuator.

when i plugged it in the pod stop flashing and say 2x4 with the switch in 2x4. when i switch over to 4x4 the pod does nothing and the actuator only twitches once.

when i flip the switch back and forth the actuator twitches with each switch movement only.

i put power to move it around and when i plug it in turn the bike on and then off it resets itself to the 2 o'clock position

any ideas why i can't go into 4x4????

1 - 20 of 50 Posts