Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Administrator
15,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made the others, Ya'll make this one. find it, link it, post it, whatever.

·
Registered
31 Posts
my belt acuator is making noisies and 2wd 4wd is flashing in one second intervals is there any thing i can do to the acuator or is it shot?:34:

·
Administrator
15,499 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah you can go read that thread that says "IS YOUR 2X4/4X4 LIGHT FLASHING?"

·
Registered
21 Posts
My bike's 2/4wd doesnt flash, it just doesnt engage at all.
no motor noise, except for the belt housing kebc making a racket when the key is turned off.
Flipping the 4wd switch does nothing bike just says 2wd.
any ideas?

·
7,482 Posts
My bike's 2/4wd doesnt flash, it just doesnt engage at all.
no motor noise, except for the belt housing kebc making a racket when the key is turned off.
Flipping the 4wd switch does nothing bike just says 2wd.
any ideas?
Check the voltage on the switch. If its like 4.7, then check the speed sencer. If there is no voltage on the switch, then you should have a flashing 2/4wd light. If not, check the connections to the relays. They are at the back by the roll-over sencer.

Last but not least you can pull the actuator out and try it but know that the back wheels have to be moving at least 1/2 mph...amybe a tadd more to sork. That's why we check the speed sencer. Its on the clutch side at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I'd guess your switch is shorted closed or a bad speed sensor. Is the rubber boot around the switch torn? You open that circuit to engage 4wd, you close it for 2wd.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes the boot is torn good guesses guys.
Think that switch is fried?
I took both actuators off and cleaned them. the one on the front diff was notcieably cleaner, it might have been new? or at least newer than the engine brake one. also noticed the milky yellow brown of the case oil. it needs clanged
The front diff one had a small metal gear instead of a plastic one like the engine brake had. but i hooked wires to them and touched them both to the battery and they both went.. albiet very slowly, but that battery might not have a full 12v.
And my edit. There was a magnet that came unglued inside the engine brake one, that's what was the racket.
when I drove it after regluing the magnet, the 2wd wasnt flashing until i went down a hill then it started flashing back and forth.
Still dont think its engaging 4wd

·
Registered
28 Posts
The instrument cluster says 2wd but i know its in 4wd and the switch won't disengage from 2wd - 4wd and the rubber boot IS TORE on the 2-4wd switch on the handle bar.
If it is the switch which i think it is, is there a way i could just put it on a toggle switch, i mean im sure it would work just didnt know if anyone had tryed it?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2005 Brute Force 750 the 4wd actuator has broke and came all to pieces. So I bought a new one thinking it would be an easy swap but when I pulled the actuator off the pin and casing has been sheared and broke off inside the casing leaving me with actuator pieces inside my diff. Also a piece of the collar that the actuator moves to engage the 4wd has broke off. So I was wondering if I would need to change that collar or would it still work fine if I just cleaned it out and put the new actuator in?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a few bumper supports fall on my 2008 Brute 650i and they landed on the 4x4 switch side of the bike. My lights are not flashing, yet when I flip the switch 4x4 does nothing. I read from above and I applied direct power to the actuator and it did nothing. Is there a cheaper fix for this rather than purchasing a new servo? or could the switch be causing the entire problem?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Could be the switch or speed sensor, mines been both @ different times. Did u take the acuter off & check it with the battery directly, finally got mad with mine pushed it in 4wd with my finger in the case & put it back 2geither & left it

·
Registered
2 Posts
Ive done everything on mine to fix the flashing problem and found out that front differential has problems with letting water in and once that happens then it starts flashing... So when it starts flashing I just change the oil in front differential and problem fixed!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
My actuator is bad again and im not going to spend the money for ANOTHER new one. I took it apart and the magnets were loose, was full of gunk, and the motor was actually frozen up and wouldn't turn. Also the rectangle piece that goes inside the diff is pretty worn also. Im wondering if I just slide the collar inside the diff forward will it stay engaged even with out that little rectangle piece? Im not to worried about going fast so I don't mind if it stays in 4wd all the time.
Thx Greg G

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatak

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
As long as nothings physically broken, just put some elbow grease in it and clean up that motor/housing. Use some emory cloth to clean the motor and break cleaner/something to get in there and scrub the housing clean. About the collar on the actuator, if it's severly worn replace it AND most importantly. Check the sliding dogs where that collar sits in the diff, as they ware they can gall the inside of it up and make it ware faster/cause friction/not spin and break the actuator.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im going to order a her piece and retainer pin and eventually try and clean the motor and get it working. I have a ride this weekend and I really would like to have my 4wd working and have it stay there for the rides. It kinda sucks not having 4wd on wet rocks and sand. I just want to band-aid it for he next couple weekends and then fix it right when I have the time to do it.

Sent from my Milestone X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
my brother just bought an 06 brute force 650i and the 4wd works but you cant hear the actuator "whirrling" or making any noise when you flip the switch. it wont go into 4wd at a standstill you have to move it like five/ten feet and then the 4wd light goes on. it doesnt flash or anything like most of them do so i was wondering if that is just how they are. my arctic cat can switch 4wd to 2wd on the fly or still and you can hear the actuator working. didnt know if kawasaki is different.

1 - 20 of 126 Posts