Mud in My Blood Forum banner

81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Backwoodz Boggerz
1,580 Posts
you say you have replaced several actuators ,have the blocks all been worn seems like you may have something in the slider splines thats not allowing the slider to engage all the way ,wearing the block ,kicking back cracking actuator houseing

·
Registered
427 Posts
it's been the same block every time, when I buy a new actuator they don't come with the block so I just swap it on, my actuator hasn't failed, but its slipping out of 4wd, and only part I haven't replaced is that block..seems easier to try then pulling the diff. lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
How I solved my "4x4 not working" problem on 07 BF 750

I wanted to post this in case it helps anyone with the problem of the BF not switching to 4x4. I have a 2007 BF 750 NRA edition and noticed that when I tried to switch to 4x4 it would stay in 2wd. No flashing 2wd/4wd indicator on the display to indicate a problem but the front actuator was not engaging. Started checking all connections/voltages/resistances per the manual (except the Speed Sensor) but everything checked out fine. The rubber boot on the 2wd/4wd switch was broken but checked out fine (replaced it anyway). To check if the front actuator was in fact good, I swapped the connectors with the engine actuator and cycled the ignition switch on then off to cycle the actuator and it worked like it should. At this point the only 2 points that could be the problem were the ECU or the Speed Sensor. I had noticed that when this all started, the odometer and trip meters were not incrementing so I opted to replace the Speed Sensor (cheapest of the 2 parts). Turns out the whole problem was the speed sensor and everything works great now. One note on replacing the Speed Sensor – When you go to insert the new Speed Sensor, make sure you connect the plug before installing it into the engine. The connector plug fits very tight and it is easy to push too hard and break the sensor out of its housing :aargh4:.
To shift into 4wd:
1. You must be stopped.
2. Flip 2wd/4wd switch to 4wd.
3. Slowly accelerate forward 1-2 mph and the shift will happen within 8-10 ft. The ECU needs to see forward motion from the Speed Sensor before the shift will happen.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2007 bf, and I bought knowing that it had currently had issues with kebc, and actuator. kebc was unplugged and not sure what exactly was wrong with actuator but it aswell was left off or something but with it semi permentantly engaged in 4wd.
not sure if I want to even attempt to fix anything especially since I am new to this stuff,

·
Registered
193 Posts
Does anyone have a write up on disassembly of the front differential? Mine went POP and no longer engages, front end gets hung up at times, like somethings in there.

I pulled it out of the bike yesterday and would like to tear it down tomorrow and see what I need. Reading the manual, it looks pretty straight forward. Just wondering if anyone has any tips or tricks.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I bought a 2008 BF 750 this last summer. Nothing but problems with the front diff, engaging, clunking etc etc.
Bought a used front diff, thinking to replace mine, pull mine out and tore it down, pinion shaft bearing was acting up, lotsa mud water too, cleaned it all up, clutch pack like new. Got looking at the collar that engages the front diff, if I just weld this into the four wheel drive position, let's see how that works. Best thing I could do, no more back lash and banging noises out of the front diff, it's three wheel drive till ya pull the lever, so steering is no problem, can still wheelie too. Was considering the manual setup for engaging the front diff and I might still yet do that if what I have done now gives me any long time grief

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an 06 brute 750 that the 4 wheel drive is not working I have bought a new 4x4 actuator and tried a buddys module reason the new actuator I have checked all wiring,fuses,connectors,even under the fusebox I have 4.6 volt to actuator I also check the on off switch are the to round relay in the back part of the 4x4 system because I do not have 12 volt to the actuator I also don't have any blinking lights on dash what am I missing please help also have done the buss mod and my brake actuator is working as it should

·
Registered
9 Posts
Did you check the actual 4x4 box? It's the small box behind the CDi that resembles the CDi slightly. I had a issue with one that was causing no dummy lights to flash on the console so I swapped with a buddy and it worked fine. probably not it cause the actuator works, but just an idea.

Sent by tapatalkaroo

·
Registered
1 Posts
when i switch my 09 brute 750 into 4x4, screen says its in 4x4 but does not actually engage. Wondering where i should start in finding the issue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also having problem. Switch to 4wd and nothing no flashes just stays in 2wd. I tested the actuator with 12v. Before I reinstalled it I plugged it back up turned on the key off and back on and the actuator reset. Should I look at the switch or something else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am also having problem. Switch to 4wd and nothing no flashes just stays in 2wd. I tested the actuator with 12v. Before I reinstalled it I plugged it back up turned on the key off and back on and the actuator reset. Should I look at the switch or something else.
Well I cleaned my switch which was dirty. But still no 4x4. What to check next

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have a 2010 750i it goes into 4x4 bit in the dash it stays in two wheel drive what could be the problem
I think the first thing to check is if the actuator is moving. Do you know how to do that?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I tested the switch and I'm only getting about 2.5v to the switch. Going to dig in, clean and grease all electrical connections. Sent Rmax a text. Won't let me send PM yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
My brute will not go in 4wheel drive my lights r not flashing my 2x4 switch is good I check the front actuator works when I apply 12volt to it I've put the pin in 12oclock turn power on a got it to 2or3 miles per hour an it goes out of 4 wheel but will not go back in I've checked the relays by the rollover the buss mod is done only thing I can think of in the black box is there a way to check it with a meter please help bout to ride this thing of a cliff

·
Registered
107 Posts
Can someone post a link to the rmax manual 4wd kit

·
Registered
69 Posts
Can someone post a link to the rmax manual 4wd kit
Not sure if he has a link but you can PM him, here is his page MudInMyBlood Forums - View Profile: rmax

My brute will not go in 4wheel drive my lights r not flashing my 2x4 switch is good I check the front actuator works when I apply 12volt to it I've put the pin in 12oclock turn power on a got it to 2or3 miles per hour an it goes out of 4 wheel but will not go back in I've checked the relays by the rollover the buss mod is done only thing I can think of in the black box is there a way to check it with a meter please help bout to ride this thing of a cliff
Jason, not sure how to check the black box but before you ride it off a cliff this is a Sure fix here!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hello everyone. I have been pulling my hair out for 3 days trying to figure out why I do not have 4wd. No flashing lights. I do understand I need to move forward a couple feet for it to activate. While in high or low, if I pull the diff lever I will have 4wd.
Four wheel drive will only work in reverse if I pull the lever. I cleaned the switch, checked the actuators with 12v. They both work.
Any suggestions? I tried for 3 days before I made a post. I thought I would look for the obvious and test as much as possible before I made a post. I see that I am not the only person with issues. LOL I have read every post trying to incorporate each one some how to my problem. I will check voltage at the switch again. I would think it is working since the indicator is switching from 2 to 4 on the screen.
Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for the tip. Going over everything three times. :rolleyes: I think I have an idea what the problem is. In 4wd H and low, the front tires will activate and then deactivate (lock and then unlock). I looked at the front diff fluid which was allegedly replaced at the dealer a few months ago, the fluid looks like crap - maybe water in it too. I am thinking if there are clutches in the front diff, they are not grabbing due to the fluid being contaminated. When I pull the lever for the front diff, the front tires will lock up. Some clunking and slipping going on. I will look up the fluid weight and change it. I am a AMSOIL dealer so I will try AMSOIL in it. Fingers crossed.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts