Mud in My Blood Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
If you want the 2wd 4wd display lights to work and if you ever want to remove your KEBC actuator get the combo kit, if not just get the manual actuator kit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Brake Actuator Problems

2008 Brute Force 650, removed actuator cleaned, tested with battery to be sure it turns and it does, check ohm reading and the are in line. When the switch is turned off, continues to hum and will run battery down. You can switch on and off a few time and it will stop or sometime you can tap actuator and it will stop. Anyone know how to fix this or what is causing it?

·
Registered
399 Posts
When i test my 4x4 switch, I have .09 v, when it should be 0...
It's like i have power bleeding thru my ground somehow...
Thought it might be a bad diode in my regulator/ rectifier, but still there when I unplug the rectifier....
4wd is blinking on dash in 1 second intervals, or .05 seconds each...actuator tests good, works when hitting it with power on bench...

To me It is not killing all of the poWer, so it will not switch to 4x4. ....

Any ideas??

·
Registered
399 Posts
I've got. .6 volts coming from my cdi green wire middle plug and .6 volts at the switch when I flip it to 4 wd. Any ideas? I've changed cdi boxes and same problem. I see u guys say that it should be 4.7 volts. I checked actuator and it worked. I have no 4 wd and its not flashing back and forth. Speedo works. Any ideas?
Seems dirtydog had the same problem...wonder if he ever figured it out...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have an 02 Prairie 650

4x4 works, all the time, switching to 2wd causes the 2wd/4wd to flash and 4wd stays engaged.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Getting pretty bad popping coming from the front end while 4WD is locked in. It only does it under load. The quad was mudded some by previous owner. I know hardly anything about these machines so any help would be appreciated. I’d rather try to fix it myself and learn about the machine than pay someone else to do it. Thanks Folks

121 - 126 of 126 Posts