Mud in My Blood Forum banner

589m/s 28inch

4K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  hondarecoveryman 
#1 ·
im running 28 mudzillas called a local dealer said he would trade my mudzillas with 28 miles for a new set of 28 589 m/s itp would that be a fair trade on my part since the mudzillas arent the best trail friendly tire .im wanting a better trail mud tire and i heard the 589s wear like iron .

#4 ·
i agree. they are a lil heavy, but, if your coming from mudzillas they arent that heavy.
ive had my 27" for a while and i love them and they wear like iron. did great in every situation ove had them in.

#5 ·
I have those in 28's as well and they are the best! Pretty pricy too lookin at around 113 a piece ive seen them for

#8 ·
You had me for a minute Davey :haha: I had some 28" 589's a few months back. Liked everything about them, but the height. They run a little short, but are good in every other department.

#9 ·
Goose, you shuld talk to some guys running the 27" bi/tri claws. I've never run them but heard they're smooth and read a great article comparing some mud tires and they out performed all the 28" mud tires except outlaws and one other, backs weren't even out when i read this article but I'll see if I can find it for you.

#10 ·
lilbigtonka runs bi/tri's.

and wooly boogers... that's old school right there.
I remember when i was a kid maybe 12 or 13 all I wanted for my wheeler was a pair of spider tracs! That woulda been awsome on the trike!

#11 ·
man i have looked all over and cannot find that article

google has finally failed me

#12 ·
Back in the day I had wooly boogers on the back of my 2wd 250 Timberwolf...

That was back when if you had a Blackwater kit you were the shiznit!

#15 ·
Nah I've done it. On the old P425 & on the brute, brute's tie-rods didnt like the 29x12's on SRA rims though. & since I was hearing stories about front diff's & all exploding & goin out I decided to go down to 10's for a little less wear. Of course now I've ditched all of it and got a more trail friendly set up, but im still runnin 12's on all 4. 26x12 MST's.

#17 ·
Well they would probably ride a lot better than ur 589's on the trails. Handle a little better, but they wont out-mud them. The 589s would prolly out pull the mst's all day long.

#18 ·
Thanks for that info !!! Just made ITP some more money (call about the commision:haha:) I have always followed a set of 28''outlaws everywhere, but I always make it!!! But they are on a Honda:haha:(sorry boys)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.