Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where to order one? Is this something i could do myself ? Is it worth doing? Or is a waste of money:thinking:

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
http://www.diamondgracing.com/page/page/2034967.htm

you can do it yourself its not all that hard i have had mine broken down that far to change the starter gear. SSTOGI has the combo of moose module and 6 degree key i believe. The key only cost 30 bucks then you have to refill oil and anti freeze and new gasket.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the info

·
Team BS
396 Posts
What moose module do you have? Does it change timing any or is it just for fuel? If it adjust the timing curve then the 6* key may be too much. With the dynatek cdi they recommend not to go over 4* of advance timing with a key because the cdi advances it also. If its a fuel controller only then yes the 6* timing key should help you out alot.

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not fuel injected :thinking: Its a 03 prairie 650

·
Premium Member
2,516 Posts
If you still using stock CDI with the moose attached then the 6 will be fine if you have the moose CDI that replaces the CDI then I wouldn't add either

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stock CDI with Moose module . If the factory retarded the timing there why did the do it again with ignition?

·
Banned
384 Posts
There's realy no retard in the timing because it never goes into a negative degree of timeing. It's detuned at certain points by the cdi.The moose module removes the low speed detune. ( goes from 3* to 5* below 10mph) The key just repositions the flywheel which mechanicaly advances the timing 6* (4* for the 4* key)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts