Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you guys think about a 6in lift with a built in 2.5 rake? is it going to be a good lift for trails and mud? is it going to be friendly? is it going to pull on my pocket? come on guys i need some feed back on this. it is being built by a verry reliable lift builder. will be on the market in about a week.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Seems to me that that lift would only be good for pit racing.... I wouldnt want it for normal riding. But if you do go for it, You can always hook me up w/ ur 4" ;) haha..

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Seems to me that that lift would only be good for pit racing.... I wouldnt want it for normal riding. But if you do go for it, You can always hook me up w/ ur 4" ;) haha..
Yeah....I agree...may be too much for trail riding...

·
Team BS
757 Posts
i trail rode my 6" when i had it. its not too bad cept for in off-camber situations.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the company that is building it said that it would be great for trails. he said they learned alot from the prev 4, 8, 10, 12 inch lifts they have built. its been a long time comming and alot of r&d was put into play. the width of the bike will be like 58in so it should make up for the heigth. i duno i need some more feedback. and polaris425 if i buy this the 4in is already gone to one of my buds that asked the day i bought it, sorry.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
I dunno.... Just doesnt seem like a very trailable or even rideable (comfortably) lift to me. I'm not knocking the company (which Im sure is CATVOS) their products are great, I just dont see that kind of lift being trail friendly.. However, I could be wrong.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Did he mean the Texas-Louisiana trails or like the like the rough Mountain trails??? I wihs our trails here were like out there....Its all Rocks, Off Camber steep stuff here. We have alot of mud....but its in places.

·
Registered
30 Posts
How much was Brutewise's bike raked?

If it's raked as much as his was, I would think it would be harder to get around on the trails. The only reason to rake the rear is to shift weight forward on the bike.

Which is easier to drive around a parking garage, a SmartCar, or a LWB truck?

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
well i decided to stay with the 4in. didnt want to waste 3200 on something i wont be happy with. for everyone wanting a lift the production lift will be out shortly. 6in with 2.5 rake.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no pics yet but they will be here nect week, will post pics when i get them.

·
Registered
216 Posts
A 6" lift can be very trail rideable. I had the High Lifter 7" lift and it was awesome. You have to be careful about how fast you ride and how far you go between water holes. I never had any boot problems on mine but two weeks after the guy bought my brute he burned up all 4 rear boots at the same time! CATVOS makes great lifts and have a great reputation so I would imagine the lift will be awesome. 58" wide is pretty wide for riding trails. My brute was like 53" wide and would caught between trees some times.

Mark Wises raked lift was a 10" lift and I believe it was raked like 7" but it was very wide like I think around 63 or more inches.

Is I had the money I would buy the 6" raked lift for my brute. I miss having a big brute.

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Jack, who was it that had the green brute lifted & raked? Well, his wasnt raked actually I think his frame was stretched... He had the lift painted purple.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
750mudder when you say how fast you ride, do you mean not like 40? is 20 to 25 ok? and how long between mud holes? how did it ride with the 6in lift?

·
Administrator
15,426 Posts
Maybe I should clarify a little better what I said lol... I would actually buy the 6" regular lift, for riding. But I dont think I'd buy a raked lift for riding. I dunno. 2.5" might not be that bad. Will just have to wait and see what it looks like. The CATVOS 6" is a good lift.

·
Team BS
757 Posts
when i had my 6", i never had a problem with boots. the guy that had teh bike before i did, got the boots pretty hot then sprayed them with water. he didnt that several times. the only time i burnt a boot up was when i broke an rear axle and had to ride several miles back. the boot on teh other axle started melting.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i have heard of the raked lift taking away from the hp. i duno how but someone told me it did. will the 6in ride like stock or close? i dont want a stiff ride. the 4in i have now is great for riding but why not a little more gc. i thought i made up my mind but its still wishy washy in the 2. and polaris425 it is a catvos. its their new lift going into production. will be able to order it like the 4 8 and 10 in about a week.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts