Mud in My Blood Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I changed the title to 850 XP snorkel and moved it to the How To's.

Good job going so far.:bigok:

M

·
0 Posts
Awesome Job!! Thats the one thing i love about this site and forum...i can learn how to do awesome upgrades to my Brute with out buying a $300 kit or forken out a ton of cash to have someone else do it. I prefer doing things (upgrades) my self. This way incase it breaks...I know how to fix it.

·
OFF TO THE DEEP END
216 Posts
Well look here it's my creation...remember that week very well hardest bike I've snorkeled for sure.
But a update turn out very well no leaks everything was still is good shape,had to seal up the air box tho Polaris built the airbox with the lid on the side rather than the top with screws holding it in place...WTF were they thinking also not putting a drain plug on bottom anyway got more pics at home will throw them in asap to help xp owners that would like to tale on this task rather than forking out few big bills. Side note one company down south that fab's up a 850xp kit has you cut into your frame/frame brackets guy on another site purchased this kit.

·
OFF TO THE DEEP END
216 Posts
Also like to thank 650Brute for his help !

·
OFF TO THE DEEP END
216 Posts
Well looks like all that were on my camera posted except were i had to move the fuse box last one here

·
Registered
407 Posts
the ones yall mentioned in flicker are from a guy on Highlifter known as Farmerboy700 we all call him farmer he has had that thing in some stuff . he lives in GA when i get home ill post some vids of him in the water with his .

·
Registered
407 Posts

and here it is in the mud ..

this is a 2009 850 XP snorks and 32 in backs .

·
Registered
17 Posts
i would like to know if anyone else has any tips on snorkeling the 850 popo i got alot of info from 650 brut an he has help me alot with the link he gave me just was wondering if anyone has any pointers for me

·
Registered
15 Posts
i just bought a snorkel for my 850 xp and was wondering what all i need to seal up, such as spark plugs, air box, elec. connections, and are there any hidden vent lines like the outlanders have (crankcase vent and gas tank vents)?

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
Never hurts to put some silicon around the airbox lid. And a dab dielectric grease on all electrical connections and spark plug boots is always a good idea.

·
Registered
15 Posts
alright i hoped that there was nothing too major this site is amazing thank you guys i will post some pics soon!

·
Registered
261 Posts
too bad all the pictures dissapered.

·
Administrator
15,356 Posts
yeah he must have deleted the album or renamed it.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts