Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone here would recommend to do first for more performance? I have a 2007 BF650 and it runs good but needs more! Mostly bottom end. Right now it is stock. Should I go with a clutch kit, or a power module, or any other suggestions? And cheaper is better at this time. I want to put more power to the ground! I see all of these videos of people standing their bike up from a dead stop(wheelie) mine wont do it from a dead stop or without a small bump. Also has anyone went to a different plug? If so what and how does it do? Thanks for any help!

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
Wont do it from a dead stop? You just not doing it right... You must not weigh very much. lol. You dont need a clutch kit w/ stock tires. A pipe and a programmer would be the best place to start IMO. Nothings cheap for the BF unfortunately.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Yeah a module will help you out. Also a worn belt will hurt you some as well. Not sure if this is the case but just trowing that out there.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I'm the same. Tried several times but can't quite get the nerve yet.

I think mine won't come up, probably cause I'm a bit of a accident waiting to happen kind of person, but I know it will. Just need the balls and then the proper wieght transfer. Guessing once you get it the first time, it get's easier.

Where is the "how to" for that !!!

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
no problems gettin it up here:haha:

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
hammer down and come back with the weight. when you think you're fin' to go all the way back just come off the trigger. the first time it'll scare you shatless and you were probably only a few inches off the ground. it'll become more natural after you do it more and wont feel as awkward/dangerous.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can get it to stand just not from a dead stop. seems like it's sluggish. belt wear shouldn't be an issue with less than 100 miles on it. I just need more power!!!

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
or you need to eat more! haha... Where is shelby at? You ever go down and ride at Carolina Adventure World?

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I haven't been there yet. It's only about an hour and a half from here. I have been going to Lake Houser, which is only about 20 minutes away. And it's only $10 per day. It's pretty fun but I need a change of sceanery.
I don't want to change the pipe because of the noise level, I need to be quiet for huntin. But if I have to I will for more power/torque!!!<----- POWER JUNKIE!!!! Thanks for the help probably goin with a module first. If I go with a module and a double snorkle that should help some. And I got to get some better tires!!! Don't think I'll go real big yet, but I do want to step up a little bit.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Sounds like all you need is a Moose module or some thing similar then.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah that's probably gonna be first.

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
no problems gettin it up here:haha:
Nope, that's never been an issue here either, but if the wife was a big as the Brute.......

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
you could do the stock exhaust mod on our site.... it isnt that loud. someone posted a video of it the other day.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I saw the mod but not the video.

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks! I'll have to check it from home tomorrow. Fricken work computers anyway:aargh4:

·
Premium Member
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
see how easy it was for him to pull a wheelie. that's what I want!!! probably doin this friday or saturday.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts