Mud in My Blood Forum banner
41 - 60 of 74 Posts
IMPORTANT!!!!

One thing you will want to keep in mind after you install the key is that your TDC marks on your flywheel will be off. To find TDC you will need to use a piece of coathanger stuck in the sparkplug hole. Roll the crank over slowly until you feel the piston rise to the top and with both sets of valves closed.

Discussion starter · #42 ·
can I check the piston on either cylinder? What is the best way to know the valves are closed? do I need to pull the covers off on the top? Thanks for the heads up I figured the time would need set.

The installation the key doesn't effect the timing of the pistons or cam since you will not be removing any of the chains. But you will need to use that process later if you decide to set the valves , change cams , timing chains ect....

You can watch the rockers move the valves by removing the access plates on the rocker covers. When both lobes of the cams are pointing down and the rocker arm are up and have slack the valves are closed.

The timing and valve adjustment instructions are in the service manuals. The only thing you will do different is the process you use to find TDC.

Yep.... that's all. I would suggest before you install the key , clean the edges of it up some on a wire buffer wheel or emery cloth. That'll make it easier to slide into the key ways on the crank and flywheel. What ever you do don't hammer it into the crank.

we've sheared a flywheel key or two in our day

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I got a question about snorkels now. When I look at the pics everyone has a black piece of plastic around the exit holes. My bike doesn't have this. Is that just a 750 piece or what? Mine is solid with the fenders.

That was my concern too Stogi. Not sure if the key would work or not. maybe some smarter then me will know.

I got a question about snorkels now. When I look at the pics everyone has a black piece of plastic around the exit holes. My bike doesn't have this. Is that just a 750 piece or what? Mine is solid with the fenders.
The 750I and 650I have this piece. The 650 SRA and Prairies do not have it.

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Yep... make sure your paypal account has the correct mailing address. The paypal notice he receives will show the address to ship it to.

I'm sure you could just order it over the phone if you would like.

heck yeah we do!! :D !!
:agreed:

If your bike is an SRA the snorkeling will be a bit different up front due to the support bar.

And LOL @ the Brute wheelie "how to" videos......

Discussion starter · #60 ·
So after installing the moose module my brute is much stronger from a dead stop and on the bottom end. I haven't got to ride it very much yet but love the improvement from the module and the exhaust mod.
Today I helped my buddy decide to buy a 2009 BF 750,;), He loves it and even thanked me for pushing him toward the BF. I must say WOW, I didn't realize the power difference in the 750 and the 650. I expected some but holy****!!!! If i would have known I would have got one of them instead. Oh well I still love mine, especially with the few improvements I have made so far. We were riding wheelies across my yard side by side for about two hours. We're goin for the mud tomorrow. Hope to get a few good pics.:rockn:

41 - 60 of 74 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.