Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of months ago I purchased some
Epi springs red secondary and almond primary. Due to 2 belts slipping and burning. After bringing the bike to a local shop to get the springs installed I noticed a little bit of a stall and a big decrease in topend speed. I'm running 30/9/14 silverbacks and I have a set of 29/9.5/12 outlaws. And when I pin the throttle it won't just wheelie like it would before. I have to make it pull up and when I'm in some mud and there no water in reverse the bike feels like it's about to smoke the belt and wont turn tires. Could this be belt deflection or what I'm running a new HL 3gx belt. I can hear alot of like slapping Noise coming From belt snorkel when I let of the Throttle after an hard acceleration

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
The spring combo you have is fine for both sets of tires, I run the almond/red on my 31s and used to run it on 29.5s. I've strayed a bit on primarys to see what difference they make, and I've run other secondarys as well but the almond/red is a proven combo. I'd say belt deflection, but by the slapping noise your describing it may be too late....unless your belt is just really loose. Kinda sounds like it may be coming apart though. Just pull the cover and see what it looks like in there, if the belt is loose but not damaged, go ahead and pull the clutches and wipe them down with acetone to get the glaze off of them and remove a shim from the secondary while you have it apart...this will tighten it up. Also, the loss of top end is normal when going to a red secondary.....and as far as reverse goes, it should still pull decent, but remember that reverse isn't like low...its more like high.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
The spring combo you have is fine for both sets of tires, I run the almond/red on my 31s and used to run it on 29.5s. I've strayed a bit on primarys to see what difference they make, and I've run other secondarys as well but the almond/red is a proven combo. I'd say belt deflection, but by the slapping noise your describing it may be too late....unless your belt is just really loose. Kinda sounds like it may be coming apart though. Just pull the cover and see what it looks like in there, if the belt is loose but not damaged, go ahead and pull the clutches and wipe them down with acetone to get the glaze off of them and remove a shim from the secondary while you have it apart...this will tighten it up. Also, the loss of top end is normal when going to a red secondary.....and as far as reverse goes, it should still pull decent, but remember that reverse isn't like low...its more like high.
:agreed: check you deflection too.

heres how

http://www.mudinmyblood.net/forum/showthread.php?t=18

·
7,386 Posts
I have to agree with the guys too. Its probably too late for the belt...better check it. I also heard that combo with less then 58gram weights was too much resistance to get maximum grip and people were hitting the RPM limitor before full shiftout..realy killing the topend. Someone might have put in some EPI 54gram weights in yours at some time. If so, you might want to consider going back to a maroon or pink primary. The red seconday is still fine.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I had the almond primary but put my maroon primary in and like it alot better and this is with the red secondary and 29.5 terminators and bandit wheels so im looking at 57lbs per wheel and tire.You might want to try the tyrex belt or just use stock brute belt. the next one iget will be the tyrex belt.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well after my second burnt belt at tower trax atv park I went to the only Shop they had in the area and got a
110$ stock brute belt about a month later I head the belt box making slapping noises again so I was angry and
Just orders the hl 3gx when I pulled the stock belt off it was in perfect shape no missing grooves or cuts or anything so I changed the belts Out and soon and I changed it I could still here the Noise?? Idk what's going on.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Well after my second burnt belt at tower trax atv park I went to the only Shop they had in the area and got a
110$ stock brute belt about a month later I head the belt box making slapping noises again so I was angry and
Just orders the hl 3gx when I pulled the stock belt off it was in perfect shape no missing grooves or cuts or anything so I changed the belts Out and soon and I changed it I could still here the Noise?? Idk what's going on.

You might want to look into some weights, or is your clutches glazed, when I ran my 31'1 I changed my springs and still had your issue. My belt deflection was always good just couldnt figure it our, some people mod there oem weights and some just replace them. I have several different weights and I like my 58 gram weights. The epi ones are kinda high but they worked for me. Just look in the how to's on the cluth info.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanx guys!! But shouldn't a brute with mostly all the bolt on mods there is and clutch springs done to it be able to turn 29.5's

1 - 9 of 9 Posts