Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here use it? If so, where you getting it?

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
I use it, 20w50 in motor and front diff from the dealer about nine dollars a quart.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You got a local dealer or something?
i just looked and i can order it direct

·
Lets Get It
338 Posts
Just the Kawie dealer about 10 miles from me, thats the only place ive seen it around here

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh. i didnt know the dealer carries amsoil. I saw engine ice and some other stuff on the shelves. I might have overlooked the amsoil. I'll have to give them a looksy.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
You can get it online....I just use either Valvoline ATV oil or the Kawasaki oil. I am thinkig about switching to the Kawie 10w-40 Synthetic.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im switching oil.
Not really for any good reason either..
Currently, my oil foams after high reving but i believe this to be from the Lucal oil stabilizer additive and not the lucas semi-synthetic motorcycle oil itself. Was thinking of running some good oil thru it and see if i get better results.
I was going to get some royal purple (they sell it at O'reilly's) but then I read an article from Amsoil about moly added to oil and they said Royal Purple adds moly. Though I can see it being a problem they said you will see it from the long oil change intervals (6 months to a year) and i dont plan on doing that on the brute. Certainly every 3 months...maybe more once I get the huge meats on it and it's under more stress all the time. i'll likely try some royal purple since it costs about the same as the lucas i buy.

·
Banned
384 Posts
I run Royal Purple in mine. No problems yet. Of course I never had a oil related problem when I was running the Exxon 15w40 I was getting from work.

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I run amsoil 20w50

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
I talked to a guy (local rep.) about becoming a dealer once but he had a death in the family about the time I was getting ready to do it and he wasn't able to communicate for a few weeks and I lost interest.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Im about to put it in my brute. either 10w-40 or 0w-40

I run it in my motorcycle. works like a charm. ive also run belray and it works good too.

Not sure if one is any better than another, but everyone raves about amsoil.

A small engine repair shop here carries it, bout 5 mins from my house. $9 a qt.

·
Administrator
15,427 Posts
$9!!!!!!!! Crap I'll quit complaining about the Royal Purple then.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i just changed my oil today that had 3 miles on it.
after hearing the ticking i figured i'd go back to lucas.
I filled the brute back up with oil of which 45% was lucas additive. It's a lot quieter now.

·
Registered
104 Posts
$9!!!!!!!! Crap I'll quit complaining about the Royal Purple then.
Royal purple is good stuff, but it is not cheap.

I think there coolant additive was around $17 for a tiny bottle. again, is it really that much better than anything else??? :thinking::eek:

·
Registered
16 Posts
I run Ams in all of my toys.

10w-40 in the brute and in the wifes grizz.

I even run the river boat with 2-cycle ams. It's about time to upgrade to a newer outboard. I can say this, the motor is a 1981 Merc jet and has never had a wrench to it. I'm sold on Amsoil. You are going to $$$$ though, no way around that when it comes to Amsoil.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts