Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope i'm not beating a dead mule but can you replace a belt without pulling off the pullies. I've heard you can cut the old belt off put it in gear and roll the belt on the pullies. This is on a buddy of mine bike neither one of us have a primary puller.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
You can do it this way, but recomended not to. It may possibly stretch out the belt. Go in half 15 bucks each and get the primary puller and make it alot easier, and safer.

·
Registered
226 Posts
i had a belt that blew to pieces and didnt have a clutch puller at the time and just cut it off since i had a new belt

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I have pushed my belt over before but it is not a good idea I think there is a how to on how to make your own primary puller somewhere in the how to's

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's what happened to this one it's got chunks missing out of it. Just wondering if it could be done that way thanks for the info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Yeah, it will stretch just enough to make her squeal with a good load. I would get the puller unless it was an emergency. Too bad they arent as easy as the ole grizz's!

·
Registered
226 Posts
yeah i had about the same thing i just cut it off and took my secondary off so i could get the new belt on

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
yep easier to just buy. plus with the EPI one, there's NO chance of it breaking off in your primary.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
If you are in a tight, like, out in the woods then yeah, roll that bia on and keep riding! otherwise, at home etc... do it right! :rockn:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts