Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to start yet another clutching thread...but I am having trouble finding clutching info on the 650's. Everything seems to be on the 750's and the extra power must make a difference in the clutching right? Right now I am running 27" mudlite xtr's (I know they're not great, and heavy) hoping to get something bigger when I get my lift on in it. Also, we ride mostly between 4000 and 6000 ft elevation. I am thinking of running the Dalton Orange/blue strip primary with stock weights and the plain purple secondary. Do you think this will work okay? Any other suggestions??

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I think the plain purple secondary will be good for you but I dont think that you need to change your primary.

What type of riding do you do?

Unless your worried about top end, info for clutching on the 650 and 750 is pretty much the same.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ride trails and mud. Not worried about top end at all. Just don't want to get into trouble with belt slippage when I get into the sticky mud.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
I would just change the secondary.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
If you do go to bigger tires you should think about going to an epi secondary spring. Color depending on size and type tire.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
If you do go to bigger tires you should think about going to an epi secondary spring. Color depending on size and type tire.
agreed.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
The Dalton Plain Purple is a great secondary spring for what your wanting to do with the 27" XTR's.Thats the spring i run with my 28" zillas and i really like it. But if your gonna go to a bigger more aggressive mud tire then you might need something different.

The Dalton orange/blue primary has quite a bit of stall to it. Its a good spring but i like the EPI maroon for the primary better myself. Its has good shift out with close to stock stall.I personally don't like a lot of stall when I'm trail riding.

The thing about clutching is that its not a one size fits all kinda thing. Some like one thing while others like another. The best way is to try a few different springs to see how your ATV reacts then you'll have some thing to give you an idea about what works best for you.

·
Premium Member
372 Posts
just put in a epi green secondary and roll on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the info. I am a little worried about having too much stall for the trails...maybe I will give the epi maroon primary a try.

·
Administrator
15,424 Posts
Thanks for all the info. I am a little worried about having too much stall for the trails...maybe I will give the epi maroon primary a try.
I LOVE my EPI maroon primary... almost NO stall, and talk about strength throughout the throttle.... hammer it and HOLD on! :rockn:

·
Premium Member
189 Posts
I like it!!!! dont see many ladies talking technical about their machines!!! :rockn:

Brutechick - let us know if you need any more help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I like it!!!! dont see many ladies talking technical about their machines!!! :rockn:

Brutechick - let us know if you need any more help!!
Thank you, I'm quite sure I will need more help...

Another question, I found that dalton has a blue primary spring that looks quite similar to the maroon EPI. Has anyone tried this spring?

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
I never tried the Dalton Blue. Its gonna have just a small touch of stall to it on take off but not really be any stronger then your stock primary spring at full shift out.

I think you'll like it based on what Ive read.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts