Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello this is my first post to the forum, i recently acquired a 06 brute force 650i in a trade. The bike has a couple issues that i plan on fixing over the next couple of months. The main issue is a damaged front diff. One side of the axle was removed allowing whatever to get inside ( not sure how long it was driven like this). But where the front "drive-shaft" goes into the diff is very loose, the play is quite excessive but its still engaged in 4x4. So my question is, being stuck in 4x4 and obviously the diff is shot (is cracked in 2 spots), is riding the bike around going to cause any more damage? Maybe on the motor side?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I'll take care of it first then, was looking on ebay they run about 450-700$ used. IF you bought a used one is there anything you would replace? I guess bearings and seals?

·
7,315 Posts
Ok I'll take care of it first then, was looking on ebay they run about 450-700$ used. IF you bought a used one is there anything you would replace? I guess bearings and seals?
Yeah minimum. You will want to pull it down and do a full inspection and cleaning on it anyway. It will most probably need diff-loc disks as well. There are people parting-out Brutes here too. Might check in the For Sale section.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a similar problem. 2008 750d brute force. Seems that my front diff lock doesn't release all the way. The cable is disconnected but the diff lock seems to "catch" sometimes. Oil is fresh and clean, no other issues. I had the axel off and looked at the actual lock plate in the housing and could see that it doesn't seem to retract enough to clear the teeth on the axle. Anyone else ran across this?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts