Mud in My Blood Forum banner

anyone snorkel an 09 brute?

3K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  softserve 
#1 ·
Im in the process of snorkling my 09 brute. Its a little different than the 08's.
For one the cvt intake tube goes all the way from the top, right down to into the bottom of the engine.
Heres a pic of the small rubber coupler that comes stock

this is the cvt intake tube

also i believe the airbox intake tube is a little different

I'm still trying to figure out how im going to run all the pvc. Does anyone have any pics of how you routed your pvc on your 09 brute?

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
i guess the only thing I see a problem with is the cvt intake. If i run it up it seems like there will be no room to fit up through idk, ill keep working with it

i guess this is what im confused with

isnt this were the cvt intake pipe comes up through?

#4 ·
#5 ·
Yep thats a good bit different then my 08 was. I did not have that rubber hose coming off the air box like that. All i has was a plastic cover/splash guard on the opening to the air box. That looks like a much better stock design then the older models.

Is that your radiator cap?? If so thats been moved as well. Mine is under the front plastic and hard to get to. Looks like it will be much easier to add water to now but also looks like its in the way to run the MIMB snorkels.

If so you may be able to tie into the rubber air box hose and go over the radiator cap....if i'm looking at it right.

#6 ·
Im pretty sure thats a 650 SRA brute, thats the nut on the strut in last pic to the left top , so its going to be different?!?!

Is it a SRA or IRS?

#7 ·
That would make way more sense kawa650. I knew it looked totally different then the Brutes I've snorkeled.Which were IRS.

If its a SRA Brute,Hondarecoveryman has some pics of how he snorkeled his Prairie in the How To section.

#9 ·
i was gonna say too that's a 650.
it's going to be different. we dont have official write-up on the 650.

#10 ·
Reactions: phreebsd
#13 ·
nope, from Florida

I got the snorks about done, just need to paint the upper snorks that come out, and find the carb and gas tank vent lines. Can't seem to find them :dunno:

some pics

I'm running the original airfilter inlet tube, i just flipped it up side down and connected it to a 2 inch rubber coupler. I'm thinking now i should just go and find a 2in 90 degree rubber coupler

#16 ·
fabulous looking job. you can be proud of that there!

how's she run?

#18 ·
i knew that something didnt look right about that cause i jus bought an 09 two months ago and mine didnt look a thing liike that. but i c now that its an older modle. the 09 brutes r really easy to do it took me bout 2 hours to do mine and it works great. i have had my display under and it never stop and never got any water in it. jus remember to move ur crank case breather hose up high put a filter on it.

#20 ·
heck my 750 has always wistled like a turbo.... n its pretty loud..

#24 ·
nah, it can/will puke oil into the airbox if you ride alot of wheelies but... other than that its fine where it is.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.