Mud in My Blood Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of putting some wheel spacer on my bike. I've got 10" front and 12" rear 29.5's. With the rears being wider and sticking out a little further I was thinking of adding a .5" spacer in the rear and a 1" in the front to try to compensate the difference or just a .5" in the front. I would like it a little wider though. I know it adds a little strain, just curious of how it would look and if anyone has this setup?

·
Premium Member
194 Posts
The distance they stick out is more from the wheel offset than the tire width. IMO it will look funny for the fronts to be spaced out more than the rear. I have SRA on the rear of mine and IRS on the front but I have 12s all the way around.

If you want to be even all the way around get the same width wheels and tires all the way around.

I think the extra width of the SRA wheels help you a little in the ruts by grabbing the sides.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All my wheels are the same. The wheels are in line, I've had all skinnies on the same wheels. It's much wider in the rear.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
I ran 1" spacers up front only with 27's. It evened it out perfectly.
This was on the stock cakepan rims though.

·
Premium Member
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did notice that they start out at 1". I got a friend with some, I could always try them I guess.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
i ran 1" spacers on the front of mine with 27's. (skinny front and wide rear)
Evened the width out perferctly. This was on stock cakepan rims though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts