• Maxima

Votes: 4 0.8%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a booklet coming with a comparison of many ATV oils. Will be an interesting read. Before it gets here, I would like to poll what brand you all are using. Then see how these compare and rate when i receive the report.

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I've used other but right now I've been using Kawasaki oil. In this month's quad magazine there was a new oil that is supposed to help prevent and/or protect against moisture build up or water in your oil. Anybody heard of it or used it? I'll look this evening at my magazine to see if I can find the name of it.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
I use Kawasaki oil. When I need to flush the water out of the crank case I use Havoline until it's clear then go back to the Kawi oil.

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I use Kawie oil or Valvoline atv oil....

·
Premium Member
780 Posts
Amsoil for motorcycle's. I chang it onece a year.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
i've been using lucas 10w40sae motorcycle oil but on my next change i'll hopefully switch to torco, given it's not too crazy priced compared to lucas(8$/qt.)

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've used other but right now I've been using Kawasaki oil. In this month's quad magazine there was a new oil that is supposed to help prevent and/or protect against moisture build up or water in your oil. Anybody heard of it or used it? I'll look this evening at my magazine to see if I can find the name of it.

this would be it, sir. I want to see how it rates.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/ProductImages/OG/2007_Bel-Ray_ATV_Trail_Motor_Oil_with_Rust_Defense_--.jpg

·
Team BS
396 Posts
Yep thats it, I'm interested to see how it rates as well.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I use Kawasaki oil in mine

·
Breaker of things
1,456 Posts
I use Valvoline ATV 10w40 (picked Havoline on your list cause thought it might be a typo)

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I've heard about something called mystery oil if you sink your bike flush with this stuff.. think it was on a moto x site.. any body esle heard or used it??

·
Team BS
396 Posts
I've heard about something called mystery oil if you sink your bike flush with this stuff.. think it was on a moto x site.. any body esle heard or used it??

Yea a few to many times.:thinking: It works great.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Marvel mystery oil. It's in a red bottle and works pretty much like sea foam.

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i use seafoam when the need arises. so far it's only happened twice. :)

·
Premium Member
417 Posts
I use the Valvoline Four Stroke 10w40. So far, I have not had any problems with it, and I do a complete service every 50 hours. I also use the Fram filter.

·
Registered
23 Posts
bel-ray...around $8.00 a quart

·
Premium Member
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where do you get the bel-ray oil, mattg?

·
Premium Member
1,527 Posts
I use the Valvoline Four Stroke 10w40. So far, I have not had any problems with it, and I do a complete service every 50 hours. I also use the Fram filter.
:eek: I service mine every 15 hrs. :eek:But I go more by the oil viscosity than the hour meter !! Run castrol Syntec 10 w 40 Fram filter

1 - 20 of 212 Posts